DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Introduction

Eleazer

Hi All,

Just want to start by saying I'm glad this forum exists. I've loved reading the different threads here for awhile now. I've been reading the WoT since I was about 14. I was a long time LotR's fan and when I got into WoT I was blown away. By FAR the best novels i've ever read. I look the amount of depth in the books. So many developed characters, lands, peoples, cultures and some very creative ideas. RJ is truly an amazing author (BS is pretty good as well). Since I started I've recommended the book to many family and friends who have since read the books and loved them. Now almost 10 years later I enjoy aMoL and hope you all read it. I would love if there was more WoT material to come out. I think BS should create another book about the Age of Legends. 

I would love any recommendations on other fantasy series that you WoT fans enjoy.

First of all, Welcome to Dragonmount!

When you have time, make sure to take a look through the discussion forums for some great theories, information & discussions. You should also take a few moments to check out the Social Groups and see which of them seem to click for you (You are not limited to just one either). Each group has something different to offer such as the Black Tower's tainted brownies & spam or the Band of the Red Hand's taverns & discussions on music/arts. The social groups can be a little silly at times but are almost always a lot of fun and a great way for you to interact with a number of other DM members. If you are into Role Play then you should also take a look at the RP forums.

I would personally suggest The Mistborn Series, also by Brandon Sanderson, along with any of his other novels and short stories.

Welcome to Dragonmount Eleazer! :smile:

While I don't quite have any new fantasy series recommendations (looking for some myself), I'm happy you've found us! :biggrin: Do check out the social groups, they are all lovely (and crazy) in their own great way! :tongue:

If you have any questions feel free to ask!

Welcome to DM!! I'm a huge Terry Brooks fan myself. I did read the first book in the Mistborn series and liked it. I just haven't gotten to the rest of it yet. Heck, I still have to finish the WoT series!! Lol.

As Nikon and RTE said, take some time to wander through the social groups. They are a lot of fun and you'll meet some really great people!

Archived