DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

March Madness...Wheel of Time style

TheBeerPatriot

In the spirit of college basketball's March Madness postseason tournament, I've set up a bracket for all 16 Wheel of Time books (including New Spring and the Encyclopedia). In the poll question, I set up four regions that mimic the regions in the March Madness tournament. There are four books in each of the region. For the first round of voting, vote for two books in each of the four regions in the poll. After a few days of voting, the brackets will be reset with the 8 books that get the most votes and advance to the next round. Hope this makes sense, this pool is purely for fun. If you have any questions on it, please let me know. Thanks!

I bringing the chips :)

Great idea . I love it :)

In the spirit of college basketball's March Madness postseason tournament, I've set up a bracket for all 16 Wheel of Time books (including New Spring and the Encyclopedia). In the poll question, I set up four regions that mimic the regions in the March Madness tournament. There are four books in each of the region. For the first round of voting, vote for two books in each of the four regions in the poll. After a few days of voting, the brackets will be reset with the 8 books that get the most votes and advance to the next round. Hope this makes sense, this pool is purely for fun. If you have any questions on it, please let me know. Thanks!

Correct, top two advance from each region.  My apologies on the Encyclopedia, that was supposed to be the World of RJ's WOT (aka Big White Book).  But glad to see the Encylopedia got some love from 2 voters at least ;)

After the first round, these are the books advancing to the next round:

Andor Region:

Eye of the World (13 votes) defeats New Spring (3 votes)-This was truly a 16 seed vs. a 1 seed, how could you vote for the prologue over the kick ass first book that started it all?

Fires of Heaven (11 votes) defeats Towers of Midnight (3 votes)-Ironic that the book with Moiraine's disappearance handily takes down the book with Moiraine's return

Shayol Ghul Region:

Shadow Rising (14 votes) defeats Crossroads of Twilight (1 vote)-who voted for Crossroads in this stacked region? I blame the Dark One ;)

Lord of Chaos (12 votes) defeats Crown of Swords (4 votes)-Dumai's Wells easily shut down Bowl of the Winds in the second half of their matchup

Tear Region:

The Dragon Reborn (12 votes) defeats The Path of Daggers (6 votes)-despite being the lowest seed in this region, TPOD had enough game to at least get half as many votes as the #1 seed in this region.  But alas, it is no match for the Dragon's ascension

Winters Heart (8 votes) defeats Gathering Storm (5 votes)-Winters Heart's powerful finish provides enough momentum to take down (arguably) the strongest of the three Brandon Sanderson books in WOT

Tarabon Region:

Knife of Dreams (11 votes) defeats Memory of Light (5 votes)-it's not a surprise that the final RJ book defeated the final book of WOT, but definitely a surprise that KOD got more votes than TGH

Great Hunt (10 votes) defeats the Encylopedia/World of RJ's WOT (2 votes)-easy first round matchup for TGH, but faces a stiff test against the Knife next round!

Ok, I'm going to set a new poll in this topic with the new brackets.  Voting will take place through next Sunday (to match the NCAA March Madness).  In this next round, only 1 book advances from each region.  Thanks for voting in the first round, and be sure to vote in the next found!

Archived