DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Well hello there

RandomLetters

I stumbled across this site last night around 4 in the morning after finishing the New Spring book. I stopped reading the WoT series after the 9th book but now I'm restarting again. I looked at a few different categories on the forum of this site and stumbled across a spoiler which was the death of a character i really liked. Bummer. Anyways, anyone have some suggestions where to start? Very happy to be here! 

Welcome to dragonmount!

I'd normally suggest you begin with the discussion forums but since you haven't finished the series yet you should be aware that some of the threads there may contain spoilers. I'd highly reccomend taking a few moments to check out the Social Groups and see which one(s) work best for you. Each group has something different to offer such as the Black Tower's tainted brownies & spam or the Band of the Red Hand's taverns & discussions on music/arts. The social groups can be a little silly at times but are almost always a lot of fun and a great way for you to get to know and interact with a number of other DM members. If you enjoy Role Play you can also check out the RP forums, also broken down into groups, which can allow you to enter the WoT world and live out the story yourself.

Yeah, it can take a little time to get accustomed to. I choose the Black Tower for the idea of being a male channeler in the WoT books and because the threads there can be a bit random but fun. I also joined the Band because of my favorite character, Matt, and because I enjoy music and the arts.  All in all it's really just which group you feel you can have fun with and fit in around... Though there is no rule that states you can't be in multiple groups, or all of them, at a given time. If you have any questions feel free to ask them and someone will probably get back to you pretty quickly.

I've been browsing the dragonmount site and forums since 2011 but signed so I could interact and post after seeing the memory keeper announcement on my birthday (November 26) last year. And as for the Black tower I find it a nice place to play games, post/read random stuff and just have fun with the other members. There is a little RP there, if you enjoy that, which allows you to join classes in the One Power and choose between the light and dark factions when you complete your training.  There are also points and leveling systems and a one power game which pits you against one of the others from the tower which is fun and reletively easy to learn.  Would deffinately reccomend the BT forum for at least one of your places to check out if any of that sounds fun to you.

I'm sure some of the other social groups will have members telling you a bit more about their groups so you can get an idea of what some of the others have as well. As for me, I only know about the two which I'm currently a part of.

Welcome to DM! I see Nikon is doing a good job answering your questions:). I too recomend the Social Groups. They are where you can get to know all the crazies around here. ;). As he said, feel free to join one, a couple or all of them. Most people are members of more than one and quite a few are members of them all. And by all means, take as much time as you want. All of the groups have public areas where anyone can hang out and get to know the members. And if you don't want to join any, tere is plenty of things to do to keep you occupied. But I do hope to see you around the social groups!

Welcome to DM! I echo what the others say, Social Groups are the way to go, and I'm also particularly fond of the Black Tower. Take your time and take it all in :smile: . If you have any questions please feel free to ask! And hopefully you can avoid more spoilers! :wink:

Welcome to Dragonmount!

Everyone has covered all the stuff and I have nothing left to say :dry: . We are known for our friendliness *nod* . In many Social Groups we bicker like siblings. In Band, it is between regiments(cavalry is the best, In Black Tower, it is between Light and Shadow factions(Light is the best), in Shayol Ghul, it is between Black Ajah, Dradlords and Shadowspawn(Black Ajah is the best). If those who welcomed you before me weren't in the same faction/regiment as me then you could have seen the bickering. The Social Groups are one big family.

Welcome to Dragonmount - Everyone has mentioned the social groups.  I'm in several of them.  I'd recommend going to visit some and figuring out where you fit in.  I started in the Wolfkin and then moved to the White Tower.  Also, if you are into role playing, there is the roleplaying section down below.  As always, feel free to ask any questions you may have.

Or the White Tower....we just won an award for the Best Social Group - just putting it out there  :tongue:

Hahah, no matter where you go Letters I'm sure you'll be glad that you came to DM. Welcome  :biggrin:

Archived