DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

[Game Over] Scrabble at the BT - Blue Team Wins!

Ithillian Turambar

• Replies 615
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It looks like EM/MY might be the most points, but should we consider points or expanding here?

Also, if we only use one letter, we might not get a vowel.

I suggest ELM (K5-M5) - a tree. 5 points

Or MEN (J5-L5) - we're from Mars. 5 Points

Or MERL (J5-M5) - a blackbird. 6 Points

MELL (J5-M5) - to mix, blend; or to meddle. 6 points

L1 L1 N1 N1 N1 M3 R1 (E1)

Ithi, is it possible to have one of the first couple of posts updated with the letters already used and their point values?

If not, that is fine.

He did have the point values for the letters if that's what you mean... Though knowing how many of each letter are in the pool of letters may help with determining the odds of getting that letter again.

scrabblescoressmall_zps1e6ddb07.gif

Okay, did some calculations and the shorter option may be better for us by giving the blue team less to work with... Let me explain what I mean...

GREEN1 EGINOSY - NOISY    = EG

BLUE1  AEGJLLR - RAJ    = EGLLR

GREEN2 EEFGLLZ - FEZE    = GGL

BLUE2  CGILLNN - CIG    = LLNN

GREEN3 LLMNNNR

It appears that every round the remaining letters pass to the next team and new letters replace the ones that were used.  So if we only use one letter, also giving us the most points possible so far for this round, there is a high chance (about 5/26) that the blue team will be left with no vowels as well... Kolo?

Sorry if no one gets the Kolo refrence I threw in. It's from one of Brandon's books and I thought it sounded right at the end of that sentance.

I think we should go for the best word for us, There's still plenty of room on the board so we're not hemming the game in too much.

Plus when it's next our turn there's no saying we'll be in a better position, so I kinda think we have to take the points while we can.

Archived