DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

NFL Playoff Predictions 2007

Stevenator

I couldn't find a bracket anywhere, but I think my arrangment is right? if not, I'll change it later.

AFC (yeah. the better conference)

Kansas City

-----------Kansas City

Indy------------------San Diego

-----------Sand Diego

---------------------------------San Diego

-----------Baltimore

NY Jets---------------New England

-----------New England

New England

NFC

Dallas

-----------Seattle

Seattle--------------New Orleans

-----------New Orleans

---------------------------------New Orleans

-----------Chicago

NY Giants------------Chicago

-----------NY Giants

Philadelphia

Super Bowl:

San Diego over New Orleans

Round 1 AFC

New England beats New York (Jets)

Kansas City beats Indy

Round 1 NFC

Philly beats New York

Dallas beats Seattle

Round 2 AFC

San Diego ROCKS Kansas City

Baltimore ROCKS New York

Round 2 NFC

New Orleans beats Philly

Dallas beats Chicago

AFC Championship

San Diego beats Baltimore

NFC Championship

New Orleans beats Dallas

SUPER BOWL

San Diego 31 New Orleans 17

Guest Wynne Jessal

Ugh. I certainly HOPE the Cowchildren don't beat my 'Hawks. That will completely ruin my weekend. Keep an eye on the TV, I will be there screaming and hollering, my ear drums vibrating from the noise. :D :D :D :D

seaHAWKS

Try not to lose your voice over a lost cause... yes you may shove this back in my face if the Hawks beat the Cowboys... but they won't. They're secondary is shredded and T.O.(hate to say this) will tear it up. Look for Romo to bomb the Seahawks all day.

Guest Wynne Jessal
Try not to lose your voice over a lost cause... yes you may shove this back in my face if the Hawks beat the Cowboys... but they won't. They're secondary is shredded and T.O.(hate to say this) will tear it up. Look for Romo to bomb the Seahawks all day.

I LOL'd.

I don't think it will be a runaway game. The teams seem to be evenly matched with their share of problems' date=' and neither has been stellar these last few weeks.[/color']

Guest Wynne Jessal

Consider it shoved.

Just got back from the game. Needless to say' date=' am emotionally drained.

P.S. - I kept looking and looking for Romo to bomb the Seahawks but I didn't see anything. *confused* :twisted: [/color']

Consider it shoved.

Just got back from the game. Needless to say, am emotionally drained.

P.S. - I kept looking and looking for Romo to bomb the Seahawks but I didn't see anything. *confused*

*hangs head in shame....* Tony Tony Tony..... Well he bombed alright.... just not in a good way. *sigh* Tony Tony Tony....

Yeah and where in the world was Indy's defense hiding all year? Poor L.J. could even see the line of scrimage most of the game let alone cross it for yardage...

Well my predictions are shot.. Maybe nest year my Panthers can put it together like they were supposed to this year.... *sigh*

To recap Wild Card weekend and set up next week's games:

AFC

Pats over Jets (37-16) You didn't actually think Brady and Belichick were going to get beat by Chad and Mangini twice in one year, did you? Come on, be serious now... :lol: And by the way, Asante Samuel had another pick-6 (INT + TD) today(that's interception #11 this year, in case you were wondering), why the hell isn't he going to Hawaii?

Colts over Chiefs (23-8 ) Colts defense actually showed up for the first time all year and played a hell of a game. However, if Peyton has another game like that in these playoffs, the baby horses will be going nowhere near Miami.

Next week:

Pats at Chargers - From the point of view of a Pats fan (which I am) this game scares me. The Chargers defense is good, very good now that they have Merriman back, and on offense LT is, well, LT. Somehow the Pats have to figure out a way to force Phillip Rivers to beat them throwing the ball, something I don't think he can do. Anyway, it's probably foolish but I'll take the Pats by 6 (23-17)

Colts at Ravens - This is going to be a great game, the #1 scoring defense in the league vs. the #1 overall offense. If there's anybody who can stop big-brother Manning and his gaggle of whiny-assed receivers, it's Baltimore so I'll take the Ravens by 4 (31-27)

NFC (Not that it matters, the real SB XLI is going to be played in two weeks in either San Diego, Baltimore or Indy, but just for fun...)

Seattle over Dallas (21-20) What's the over/under on how long it takes the Cowpokes to get a new holder? An even more interesting bet would be: How long is it going to take to get the "deer in the headlights/ Omg, I f'ed up big time!" look out of Tony Romo's eyes? Either way, it was at the very least an interesting last few minutes

Eagles over Giants (23-20) If Coughlin doesn't lose his job now, I'm going to start referring to him as "Matt Millen (the New Jersey one)". What a pitiful excuse for a team. Congrats to the Eagles and especially to Jeff Garcia who seems like a real class guy. (Hey TO, apparently Jeff's not that bad of a QB after all, you arrogant swine!)

Next Week

Seahawks at Bears - I have no confidence that Rex Grossman can beat anybody at this point and Brian Griese is apparently not even good enough to get the start over that turn-over waiting to happen, so I'll take the 'Hawks in a mini-upset (24-17)

Eagles at Saints - The Saints simply have too much offense, period. The Eagles have had a nice run, but it ends here (31-17)

RD 1:

Jets over NE

Lol .... New Yorkers ....

I had my dreams :?

Nah, I'm proud of what the team did this season, and losing to NE in Foxboro is nothing to be ashamed of.

Being in the playoffs at 8-8? That's something to be ashamed of.

Winning, at home, against a team that was 1-3 in its last 4, only on a botched field goal at the end of the game? That's something to be ashamed of. (no, really, I'm not bitter at all)

To recap Wild Card weekend and set up next week's games:

AFC

Pats over Jets (37-16) You didn't actually think Brady and Belichick were going to get beat by Chad and Mangini twice in one year' date=' did you? Come on, be serious now... :lol: And by the way, Asante Samuel had another pick-6 (INT + TD) today(that's interception #11 this year, in case you were wondering), why the hell isn't he going to Hawaii? [/quote']

Because of the rule of ones: you make it one year too late, and stay one year too long.

That kept guys like Nnamdi Asomugha and Asante Samuel out at CB in favor of name guys with down (or just worse) years (like Chris McAllister) and Kerry Rhodes (who should have been All Pro, not just a probowler) over the likes of Ed Reed, Troy Polamalu, and (ugh) John Lynch.

Look for those guys to get recognized next year.

Bah! I clicked this topic thinking it said NHL Playoffs. What a disappointment' date=' :(

I gave up on the NFL when I realized that Buffalo still sucks. Ah, to be back in the good old days of Jim Kelly...[/quote']

Hey, Buffalo actually played pretty damn well towards the end of the year - and not against cupcakes, either.

Yeah, they just need a decent QB. Their Def. Is pretty good and their Special Teams is above averagae. They have a good RB is Willis, and Lee Evans is quite under-rated. Fix the QB prob and they have an 11-5 team IMO.

Archived