DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Sheriam

PheonixCat231

nobody is arguing that the one power was used to beat sheriam. we're discussing if using the OP to facilitate that beating constitutes using it being used as a weapon. that was my question. i believe in the reading that master of the blades refers to, she is not only shielded but also stripped with the power. i could be remembering wrong so please correct me if i don't have it right.

what they did to rand (especially considering most of those were reds) seems passible to me because he's a guy and shielding him and bringing him back to tar valon to be gentled is what they do to men that can channel. doing it to another sister and especially the keeper seems much more extreme.

i was just posing a question tho.

I don't think using the power as a beating too counts as a weapon. Moiraine hit Rand once with saidar.

And Sheriam was definitely beaten with the power, her clothes "exploded" from her. I don't see how bare hands can make clothes explode.

As far as the Three Oaths definition of "weapon", it seems in application that if it doesn't involve killing, it isn't a weapon.

The wording of the second Oath seems to provide that loophole.

"To make no weapon with which one man may kill another."

The third Oath, (which is "Never to use the One Power as a weapon except against Shadowspawn, or in the last defense of her own life or that of her Warder or another Aes Sedai.") does not define "weapon", but the wording in the second Oath seems to leave all non-lethal uses open. Since the Oaths are interpreted by the mind of each individual (we've seen some Aes Sedai able to push their limits farther than others through creative interpretation ... Verin comes to mind) that means if the Aes Sedai doesn't THINK of what they're doing as using a weapon, then they can do it.

zzzzzzzzzzz, what reasoning, it's obvious that using the power as beating tool isn't a weapon.

I just don't understand how Sheriam would let any of the sisters bully her. I think she ranks with any of the Sitters in terms of strength, so why is she allowing this?

That's why I think it's Halima, because she/he/it is definitely stronger in the power than Sheriam and also that during the whole beating, no one suspected of anything.

Ofcourse that leaves the question, why doesn't Sheriam tell someone that there is a Saidin user amongst them?

Meh, too many uncertainties.

I just don't understand how Sheriam would let any of the sisters bully her. I think she ranks with any of the Sitters in terms of strength, so why is she allowing this?

Obviously, Thor, someone knows something about her that can be used against her. Its called blackmail.

Oh, I'm sorry. That was reasoning. I won't contaminate you with it. Please don't read the rest of this post.

And if it was Halima, Sheriam would be much MORE likely to say something, since a saidin weilding female would be pretty much a problem for all the Aes Sedai. But if Lelaine has some hold on her, it would be something that Sheriam wouldn't want other Aes Sedai to know.

The only way it is Halima is if Sheriam is Black Ajah, and that doesn't make sense for other reasons.

Guest cwestervelt
zzzzzzzzzzz' date=' what reasoning, it's obvious that using the power as beating tool isn't a weapon.

That's why I think it's Halima, because she/he/it is definitely stronger in the power than Sheriam and also that during the whole beating, no one suspected of anything.

Ofcourse that leaves the question, why doesn't Sheriam tell someone that there is a Saidin user amongst them?

Meh, too many uncertainties.[/quote']

If Sheriam, like so many past Amyrlins and Keepers, cannot completely divorce herself of her former Ajah allegience, acceptance of the Ajah Head's (Lelaine's) actions and decisions would be an ingrained reaction. That would make it much more difficult for her to stand up to Lelaine than any other Sister. Factor in the fact that Lelaine controls 1/3 of all the Aes Sedai in Salidar, that leaves Sheriam in a very tight position. Lelaine's faction would support Lelaine, and the other factions would see Sheriam as weak.

Archived