DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

A New Member who came back to WOT after years of absence

Meiko4Ever

Hello,

I'm new to these forums.

I've been following the Wheel Of Time Series for almost ten years already, but somehow lost interest somewhere through A Crown Of Swords. Recently I've restarted reading the series after I found a copy of Crossroads of Twilight at a Book Exchange in some Youth Hostel.

I finally finished CoS, PoD and WH and am now halfway through CoT.

The enthusiasm I once felt for the Wheel of Time books came rushing back and I also started reading the old novels again as I recently purchased the first WOT Boxset.

I'm a student of Molecular Biology, I recently finished my Master's degree.

Aside from the Wheel Of Time Series I'm a huge fan of

George R.R. Martin's, Robin Hobb's and Tad Williams' fantasy series.

I'm also a huge music geek, but try to do a lot of sports to cover all the geek-iness. (is that a word).

:)

and I'm from central Europe, Austria to be precise.

enough of a novel about me already.

oh yeah. a question. does somebody have an older version of the WOT FAQ not including spoilers for Crossroads of Twilight? I'd be very thankful for that.

Guest Egwene

Hi Meiko, welcome to Dragonmount :D

You'll find a lot of people here that are into GRRM, Robin Hobb and Williams as well as WoT. Have you read Janny Wurts? Either the Wars of Light and Shadow series or the Empire trilogy which is co-written with R. Feist as part of the riftwar saga are great.

Whereabouts in Austria do you live? I used to visit the aerea south of Salzburg when I was a kid. Altenmarkt am Zauchensee to be precise. Still remember a cafe on the way there, which had the most delicious ice-cream! Are you anywhere near there?

Sorry, I can't help with your FAQ request :(

Hi Meiko! Welcome to DM! I'm new too, and all I can say is join some Orgs and have fun. And as for other authors besides RJ, have you ever read any of James Rollins' works? I don't know anybody else besides my dad who has, and he was the one who told me to read it. Anyway, welcome to DM and hope you have fun here! I recommend joining the Band of the Red Hand.

Guest Egwene

Have a look on the General Discussion Board. You'll find quite a few threads discussing various authors and books. A good source for the next big read :D

Welcome!

I've only just started reading GRRM. I had been meaning to read it for ages but never got around to it. The first book was part of the White Towers seasonal reading list and I am SO glad I started reading it. We're on book 2 for the Winter reading list.

Anyways, welcome again and have fun getting to know everyone!

Archived