DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

[Mafia Game Over] Indiana Jones and the Raiders of the Lost Ark - Mafia Wins!

Ithillian Turambar

Good game overall

Although in all honesty, the town roles greatly confused me.. It seemed like many of the people who had roles like "staffholder" barely knew what it meant, from a completly uninformed point of view (vanilla), it made everything.. complicated

Th PMs sent along with the staff and the Ark were very descriptive and any questions asked were answered quite clearly.  It seemed that those with the items were unfamiliar with strategy for using them. They were very important to the game. If the town had kept the ark that last night the game would have continued into Day 9.

• Replies 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Shouldnt a pr of been reflected off me N1 if not for talya?

yes. that is correct. It would have bounced back to chuckles. Originally we thought about making the snake be the one thing that got thru as Indy was so scared of snakes.

Ed, what is it that you want?

His was that he had to quote in every post. It was the same one that Ed had. The choices were:

Quote in every post: Eddie, Maw

Can not quote in any post: Leyrann

Each post must be more than 40 words (not counting quotes) Chuckles

Each post must be less than 20 words (not counting quotes)

Can not answer any questions: Peace

Must ask a question in every post

There were two staffs. One real and one fake. The mafia started out with the real headpiece (Marion had it). Town had the fake one (Toht). in each day phase each had the option to swap headpieces. If only one or the other elected to swap then they would be swapped. If neither or both elected to swap then they would stay where they were. Then at the beginning of each night phase the true headpiece holder was told who exactly possessed the ark. The holder of the false headpiece was given a randomly generated wrong name. Both were allowed to attempt to take the ark during the night. Obviously only the one with the true location could actually steal the ark. The headpieces only moved upon the death of the holder. randomly going to another member of the specific team.

Twice something odd happened. one night Ishy had the true staff and stole the ark. later that night Basel used his guaranteed steal to steal it from him. so mafia had it for a brief time and then knew the rules of the ark for a fact.

Later, Peace had the ark and the false staff. Mish had the true staff. Peace got Mish's name as the random wrong person. She stole the ark and kept it. then he took a wild shot and was lucky that his initially wrong location was now correct. This I thought would have led Peace to see Mish as mafia. Later I realized that was not the only option.

The whole symp test bit on the mafia QT was hilarious. They thought the cop was the symp too. I think Mish even swapped herself with Cloud a couple of times to get a town view. The symps would actually view as mafia in this game  so she would have ended up getting viewed as mafia anyway.

Yes Turin I understand how the PR ended up with Maw, but what was it? He never showed signs of one.

Heh, I had to have a quote in every post. Easiest thing ever. As such, I was the first and i think only not to break my PR.

Previous for lol.

Mish, maw voyeurs dap. Mirror reflects it to maw. You drove dap and maw. Your drive also reflects back to you. So in effect you switch yourself and maw. Chuckles hit you with pr. It went to maw.

Good god, what? Thats rediculous.

I was too tired and at work when I broke my PR. 

Three times. >.<

That and I was actually busy for part of the time. haha

I told Ithi I should have stopped posting after the first time, but couldn't resist the mafias. :sad: 

It was a brilliant move, even though on day one neither of us knew we were mafia...haha! To be honest I think you won it for the mafia team! Great play!

And it took me until the lynch on day one to realise that Mafia was Indy, I thought Ithi and Turin were just using words, because they kept saying I was symp for the good guys 
DOH!

It got confusing there at some points, I'm actually glad I was mafia not town...although we did fret a few times...

Thanks Ithi and Turin, it was a great game with twists and turns, one of the best games I've played in a long while! Thank you again!

Archived