DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

[Mafia Game Over] Indiana Jones and the Raiders of the Lost Ark - Mafia Wins!

Ithillian Turambar

• Replies 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It would of been great if the bullet went randomly off into the night or hit anyone that targeted me or something cool

RTE cases arent hard to make. They just take time. The trick is to look at them closely. Sometimes people dont and it bugs me. Ed reads them. I appreciate that

The thing with cases is I can twist anything. So sometimes im wrong with who I pick to case, and it annoys me when people blindly follow

I gotta say it again; thank you Ithi and Turin for this game, absolutley one of the most entertaining I've played in a while! And I'm so happy I ended up as mafia. Sucks DM and RL stopped me from playing as much as I liked until the end, but oh well.

Dice, I haven't gotten to the part in the dead thread yet where I "revealed" as a tracker, but I guess you were furious lol :laugh:

(but pssst, soft claiming really sucks for town ya'll. I wasn't making it up when I said it's a great stalling technique, and if you are town and soft claiming, all you'll achieve is that town will be confused for a while and have a hard time moving on, and you're more or less sure to bring on a NK anyway)

Sith was epic. This game was very fun also. It did not play anything like I expected. I thought the mafia would use their roles to basically nullify the doc and cop. I also thought they would pick up on the danger the oracle presented.

It would have been conceivable to let both cop and doc live while killing whoever they wanted to. And having a good chance at getting some town views from the cop.

Arez, sorry you got killed. I thought town would figure that out quickly. The monkey died by accidental date eating. Arez died cause wbk missed with his kill attempt.

Arez, sorry you got killed. I thought town would figure that out quickly. The monkey died by accidental date eating. Arez died cause wbk missed with his kill attempt.

I admit I think it's a little unfair (considering it's completly random and my gameplay had nothing to do with it) BUT, at the moment I thought Kronos was lying anyway =P

Thinking back on the oracle staff deal I think you guys over valued their contribution.  Since the holders are uninformed there is an inherent distrust of all other players.  Meaning that even though one person had the staff and could tell who held the Ark there is nothing that would make that person work with the oracle or even know the oracle existed.

The next problem was that even if the Oracle came out and stated his role in some manner he then becomes a NK target.    So basically, that muffles the Oracle.  Information can't flow freely. 

The best case scenario would be for the Oracle got go 4 or 5 nights and then list all his results at once, hoping that the true staff's holders were still alive to give their results thus clearly or implicating 4 to 5 players.

So, when considering game balance...and building roles that involve 2 uninformed players you must consider that the players are more likely to not work in concert than they are to work together.  Not to mention that the chance to ruin this combination is doubled since you only have to kill one of 2 players to ruin the role.  These 2 roles should then be given less weight when considering overall balance.

I only point this out because, I believe Turin stated his shock that the oracle and staff holders didn't work together.   I would have been shocked that they did..since this game is based on mistrust. 

Well. You also had a normal cop and a Tracker and a Voyeur so I think it was ok. And Reggie was designed to find misdirection Roles.

The Mafia didn't seem that worried about the Oracle at first.

And in the end, people are way too reliant on Roles finding out who the Mafia are. I wanted a Game where people would need to play and figure stuff out.

Archived