DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Sword Forms Illustrated...

Monkeyfister

One of the things I had real difficulty following was the Sword Forms. The Forms have esoteric, symbolic, even totemic names, and a scant few are described in any detail in the books. 

I always wanted Jordan to publish a video compendium of Sword Forms so we could better understand the relationships in real tactical and even (micro-) strategic levels-- whether quick-kill  combos in full melee battle, or in longer-form duel mode (there is strategy in dueling).

I was just talking to an old friend about how abstract the Sword Forms are in the books, and shared my wish that there was a visual compendium of what these Sword Forms look like. 

By odd chance, I came across this cat image on its way to meme-dom, and thought-- "OMG-- that is "Cat Crosses The Courtyard!"

From "The Great Hunt."

"As they approached the women's apartments, Lan suddenly snapped, "Cat Crosses The Courtyard!"

Startled, Rand instinctively assumed the walking stance as he had been taught, back straight, but every muscle loose-- as if he hung from a wire at the top of his head."

See attached for example.

Here it is:

kitten-struttin-547x600.jpg

I can practically see the Heron-Mark Sword at his waist!

Have you come across an image or video that perfectly defines and demonstrates the Form.. or it's origin?

Post them here!

Perhaps a list of know Sword Forms might be useful.

Worth some diverse fun!

I always wanted Jordan to publish a video compendium of Sword Forms so we could better understand the relationships in real tactical and even (micro-) strategic levels-- whether quick-kill  combos in full melee battle, or in longer-form duel mode (there is strategy in dueling)

I'd love to see someone make a video of a Gateway opening that we can all agree on.

Archived