DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Lan a possible relation to Rand? Luc Rands Brother?

Yawgmoth

Forgive me if I am wrong or I have missed something in error.

In the Book Shadow Rising you first encounter Luc/Slayer. He looks some what like Lan in the world of Dreams. However he appears much older. I think this may be more than coincidence. It is very likely that this is Lans father, brother, or kin in some way. However Perrin makes remarks about Slayer looking a little like Rand.

Tigarine was Rands mother who was daughter heir to Andor who ran away to become a Maiden of the Spear. Her brother followed her to the waste where he was thought to have died. We know he lived long enough to kill Rands biological father after his mothers death. Him living longer or even never dieing in the Waste would allow him to settle near or in the nation of the Malkier. Depending on his age, how long he spent looking for Tigerine, and possibly many other details it may be safe to say that Lan could be Rands Cousin if Luc/Slayer is old enough to be Lans father.

The Wise Ones also make remarks that Tigerine left her loveless marriage and her son to become a Maiden of the Spear. Depending on Lucs age it could be possible that he is her son. One of Lucs descriptions is greying hair on the sides. Rands Brother must still live though and if its not Luc/Slayer then who? The royal line of Andor has light eyeys and light hair, much like the Aiel. However the rest of Andor generally does not. If you look at key chracters through out the Story one of them must be Rands unknowingly brother. If not Luc than I suggest it is possible that Logain may be. He has light hair blue eyes. Seems to have a nobel like background. He is also able to channel witch is a genetic trait.

These are just a few assumtions I have been toying with. I hope book 12 gives us the rest of the details to fill all this in with.

Slayer is a composite of Luc Mantear and Isam Mandragoran. Isam is Lan's Cousin. Luc is Rand's uncle. Rand's mother was Tigraine Mantear (Luc's sister, obviously), who was married to Taringail Damodred, Galad's parents, so Galad is Rand's half brother. Rand knows this (I think), Galad doesn't (I know). Luc went to the blight, not the waste. Read the book, prove me wrong.

No, you are correct, Mr Ares.

As a summary in support:

Luc resembles Rand because he is Rand's uncle.

Isam resembles Lan because he is Lan's cousin.

Luc did go to the Blight. Gitara Moroso told him that his destiny or his fate was there, and she told Tigraine (Luc's sister, Rand's mother) to join the Maidens in the Waste and not come back until the Maidens went to Tar Valon.

Archived