DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

[SG Faire: Warders Guild]

The_Fnorrll_Reborn

Greetings! I am Fnorrll, Sword Captain of the Warders Guild over at the White Tower Social Group, and this is our part of the Social Group Faire. We have some activities lined up for you, but encourage you to come and visit us in our home if you wish to know more about us. Let me explain a little about who we are.

First is a little quotation from the books that I feel aptly describes the people we are:

It took a unique kind of man to show this kind of dedication, this kind of vigilance. This kind of humility…men like Sleete quietly did the work of heroes, each and every day. Without glory or recognition. If they were remembered, it was usually only by association with their Aes Sedai. Or by other Warders. You didn’t forget your own- TGS Ch13.

Just as in the books, the Warders here are men and women who live to serve and protect. The difference is a change of focus. Instead of dedicating our lives to an individual, first and foremost we serve the White Tower by protecting it and all of its members against all possible threats.

How do they do that on a community site like the social side of DM? Well, we stand ready to aid and assist wherever needed. Be that by participating in Ajah activities, helping new initiates get around, offering a listening ear to the Aes Sedai, assisting the Mother in Tower events and filling in whenever activity levels come under threat anywhere within the Tower. We keep the Tower alive and healthy, through whatever means necessary, at whatever cost to ourselves. As Warders, we choose to protect and serve. It takes a strong and confident person to dedicate their life to an ideal, and one which asks of them the sacrifice of protecting the interests of another before their own. As mentioned above, we guard the interests of the Tower as a whole, guarding against inactivity or any other threats, keeping our home happy and safe. We are happy to do so for the Aes Sedai, and in doing so, we benefit ourselves, as this is our home too.

Now that you know a little about us, lets get on with some fun activities! First up, we thought we would run a competition. This is a simple one, but one that whould be fun. We would like suggestions for "Most inventive name for a new sword form." We'll pick a few honorable mentions at the end for inventive, original, clever or funny ones, and one overall winner! So post below if you'd like to get to know us or if you have suggestions for sword form names.

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Toppled tree rises

As some of you know a toppled tree can, if the majority of the roots are still connected to the ground, pull itself back up again.

This is something that has killed many unsuspecting people. They go under the roots, poking them were they are most sensitive and sometimes, the tree decides to pull itself back up to protect the roots. 

The opponent catches you offguard and uses the opportunity to bring his sword forward to run you through. What seems to be an obvious ending abruptly reverses, as you use a combination of backwardmomentum and slight of hand to bring the sword infront of you vertically, pushing the opponents sword away from you.

He reacts by halting his forward momentum and trying to back away while drawing his sword to a vertical position, you already started moving forward, lifting the hilt of your sword whilst still having the tip aimed at him. Ending with a stab towards the upper section of the body.

fake out the dog tennis ball move

warder pretends to strike high, but stops the momentum as soon as the opponents eyes track the likely trajectory of the sword, attempting to dodge or parry. the warder instantly and neatly switches back to undercut for a disembowel or hamstring, depending on the opponent's response.

This is one my Bro, Auld Manriva came up with during a Dice Game in the Band and it's makes me crack up everytime I think of it.  And it's been years.  I probably find it funnier than you all will but hey, it doesn't take much to make me chuckle.

Cat Craps in the Sandbox

This is one my Bro, Auld Manriva came up with during a Dice Game in the Band and it's makes me crack up everytime I think of it.  And it's been years.  I probably find it funnier than you all will but hey, it doesn't take much to make me chuckle.

Cat Craps in the Sandbox

Obviously the proper counter for this is Dog Poops in the Neighbor's Yard

Cat Craps in the Sandbox

Obviously the proper counter for this is Dog Poops in the Neighbor's Yard

slip and slide counter both of yours

Cat Craps in the Sandbox

LMAO! Only Manny would come up with that hehehehe

For avoiding a blade thrust to the stomach: Kitten Spots Self In Mirror

Similar to "Drunken warder stumbles"

"Catching a falling mug of ale"

Lunging forward, stabing straight, then cutting the sword down in a broad circle while maintaining momentum (you know, because you have to catch the mug, and prevent beer from spilling)

Similar to "Drunken warder stumbles"

"Catching a falling mug of ale"

Lunging forward, stabing straight, then cutting the sword down in a broad circle while maintaining momentum (you know, because you have to catch the mug, and prevent beer from spilling)

Probably the first form the Warder aspies learn, I suppose? :P

Archived