DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

It's too soon to get together !

grump

Too many loose threads, Moraine needs to be rescued. The White tower needs to be whole. The Black Tower needs to be sorted into the good and the bad. There are three or four armys that could still join either side. The Shaido ? Are they done or do they still have a part to play in the big picture? Those are just what come to my imediate attention, I'm sure there are others that have occured to other people. It is just to soon!!

It`s not too soon, it just mean that the book will be very long. Probably the size of 2 or 3 regular books.

And everything does not have to be wrapped up nicely before Tarmon Gaidon, I fear that the trolloc invasion is going to catch the world off guard, and force the different fractions to join forces against the Shadow.

RJ has said he will finish in one book, no matter how long, even 2,000 pages. If you don't think he can finish in a book that long , then I think you are seriously overestimating the man's love of description. It is not too soon at all, not by a long shot. It can easily be wrapped up in one book.

• 5 weeks later...

All these gathering armys are building up in their own areas When they run out of supplys they have to move to a place that can support them for a while.

Whether the important three get together soon or not I believe for TG many will have to Travel in at the last moment. The Sea folks are already setting up to transport food for a million starving people and they weren't described as an army. Horses and such have their own requirements so logistics will pay a big part Its too soon to get back together It would be a mistake have everybody standing by tarwins gap for more than a day or two.

The Black Tower needs to be sorted into the good and the bad.

True but I don't think it will take much for this to happen. Asha'Man are soldiers and fighters and for the most part are not sneeky political types. Therefore, I think that when TG comes most of the bad ones will openly go over to The Shadow.

Although Demondred is not Taim there have been several hints and Demondred is in some way connected to the Black Tower. I believe that Demondred intends to use the Black Tower as a Dreadlord training camp. Naturally, Dreadlords would openly fight for the Shadow.

The Black Tower needs to be sorted into the good and the bad.

True but I don't think it will take much for this to happen. Asha'Man are soldiers and fighters and for the most part are not sneeky political types. Therefore' date=' I think that when TG comes most of the bad ones will openly go over to The Shadow.

Although Demondred is not Taim there have been several hints and Demondred is in some way connected to the Black Tower. I believe that Demondred intends to use the Black Tower as a Dreadlord training camp. Naturally, Dreadlords would openly fight for the Shadow.[/quote']

Could just be Demandred is using the Black Tower much as Mesanna use to use the White Tower and Alviarin. Although I can't remotely imagine Taim groveling for ANYONE.

It also might be that once the DO starts getting free in earnest, the Forsaken springing their surprises and the Trollocs pouring south, there's less time for people to do but what is necessary. All of them have things to do, well Elayne got the crown and Perrin Faile back, but the DO is probably not going to wait for everything. They need to hurry, Mat especially with Moiraine, or it may be too late for anything but Tarmon Gai'don, whatever it is like.

Rand has people marching in that direction now but there are enough good guys who can travel to move a lot of people there in a short time. Because the ways will soon be blocked the DO has to arrange another way to move his people. When the bad blacks finally defect maybe that will help him out

Yep, it's too soon for everyone to come all together when everyone really needs another 100000 words of Elayne's nonsense, another 150000 words of Egwene's nonsense, 5000 words of Nyneave's braid pulling, and another 10000 dress descriptions.

Maybe throw in 2-3 chapters at most containing Mat, Rand and Perrin.

Archived