DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

A Home Of His Own (Attn: Rhya - Open)

TaiDashan

Rahien sighed, stretching his aching muscles and putting down his pick. He rested it on the wall of earth in front of him and knuckled his back.  He bent down and hefted another of the rough oak planks, putting it in place. Digging into the hard earth of the hillside was slow going at times, but Rhya and he had been at it for a number of days now. They only were able to work on it here and there between classes and such after all. To be fair, he and Rhya were not alone in their efforts. Others had brought supplies, some had helped dig, while yet others had simply brought nice hot meals just when they were needed. Seeing as the spot he had picked for himself was tucked back away from the most populated areas of the Stedding, having others show up meant people had caught wind and rallied together.  

Rahien paused to reflect on this last bit. He was thankful for the help without question, but he was not yet comfortable with all the people coming and going. Snow was truly the only one he felt comfortable with, and a part of him mistrusted the others. It was no fault of theirs, anymore than it was the fault of the sun for rising. It was just how it was.  He emerged from the hillside, brushing dirt from his hair and reaching out his senses to find Snow.  He was greeted with a flood of fond images. She had been off playing with Shadow again, but was on her way back. He made his way back over to the fire and squatted down, warming his hands and tossing a grin at Rhya. 

“Your turn I guess. I have most of the living area taken care of…” He tapped a spot on the nearby plans. “That fireplace is going to be a pain though. I wish I would have thought through this a bit better.” He shrugged a bit sheepishly. “Then again, building a home in the side of a hill isn’t the easiest thing a person could do…” he let the words hang in the air, their meaning unspoken. Rhya had been a great help to him. She had never once laughed at him, or told him they should give up. She had not abandoned him, even when on the second day he insisted on working through the rain and cold mud after his pick axe broke.

• 2 weeks later...

Jace appeared at the scene.  He saw a building site and two people around some plans.  His walk through the woods had been relaxing and he was enjoying his new home in the Stedding.  It looked as if the two wolfkin in front of him were building a new home.  They had surely smelled him approaching.  River decided to stay away and go running for a bit and Jace could sense her prescence.  She had found some other wolves to run with and seemed content.

Jace approached the two wolfkin and they looked up as he approached.

"Hi.  I'm Jace.  It looks as if you are building.  I have some experience with repair work and would be willing to help if you'll have me."

• 3 weeks later...

OOC: Sorry it took me a bit. Wanted to give Tay a chance...

IC: Rhaien glanced up at the approach of of a wolfbrother and sent a stern jumble of images to Snow. She knew how he disliked being snuck up on. She had made it known that she was playing with Shadow, but had failed to mention the man's approach. If he didn't know better, he would have sworn that she had done it on purpose...

"Hi.  I'm Jace.  It looks as if you are building.  I have some experience with repair work and would be willing to help if you'll have me."

Rahien looked to Rhya. She had started to playfully mark on a nearby rock, how many had come to help. They had made a bet, and even if Rahien didn't know the numbers, her mischievous smile would have told him she was winning... Sighing, he turned to Jace. "Thanks for the offer. He waved lazily at the plans held down by rocks at the corners. Those are the plans that we are working off of. We have the entry way, the sitting room, and most of the living area done. Now we need to add a fireplace here, " he indicated on the plans. "and then start on the kitchen area here." Again he indicated where he meant on the plans. If you want I am sure Rhya can show you how we have been doing things, it's her turn anyway." 

"Right Rhya?" Rahien turned away from the man and stuck out his tongue at Rhya, his eyes twinkling.

• 2 months later...

OOC: Sorry Tai! We've got Jace back to the Stedding at long last so I can reply to this now and it should make life a bit easier for him joining in as well. I'll try to post over the weekend.