DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

New Spring, Still worth listening to AFTER Memory of Light?

Stormcrown

I listen to audiobooks at work (Data entry) and about 3 months ago I started the series over because it was about 5+ years since. 

I tried to start New Spring but for whatever reason I got bored (I think I was listening to Mistborn at the same time).

Well, I've finished 1-14, and I'm wondering if it is still exciting to go through.

• Community Administrator

I think New Spring is still worthwhile.  It doesn't give you any new info plot-wise, since you've already finished A Memory of Light, but it shows a lot about Moiraine and Lan and their relationship.  I enjoyed it, just for that reason.  It's still a lot of fun even if you're only listening to it for the character development.

I like New Spring it is not crucial to the plot in any way but it do give a bit of insight into several characters and I also enjoy that it go a bit more into depth as to how life for a student at the White Tower is like. If the book bores you then I do not see any point in reading, or in this case, listening to it, but generally I definitely think that New Spring is worth a read, whatever or not you have finished the series already do not really matter as the book is sort of a side story so it could be read at any point, it is not important to begin with it.

Small addition  :tongue: 

I think New Spring is still worthwhile.  It doesn't give you any new info plot-wise, since you've already finished A Memory of Light, but it shows a lot about Moiraine and Lan and Siuan and their relationship.  I enjoyed it, just for that reason.  It's still a lot of fun even if you're only listening to it for the character development.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived