DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Who want's to be a Millionaire? (WoT Edition)

Masema

Welcome one and all to Who Wants to be a Millionaire, Wheel of Time Edition. 

MillionaireLogo-777481.gif  news-wheel-of-time-logo.jpg

I'll be your host, and during this competition we'll see all of our contestants challenging themselves on Wheel of Time knowledge in order to win the big prize. Now I'm assuming most people have seen the Game show that this is based off of as I'm pretty sure it's aired internationally.

So, how is this going to work? Well there are fifteen questions total. Each one has a money value to it. If you answer a question correctly, you get that money value, if you don't answer it correctly, you're still in the game, but you don't get the points for that question. The first questions will be multiple choice, then true or false, and the last three questions will be answered by private pm. First, second, and third places might possibly get a shiny.

Sign ups are open for the next day or so, but don't worry, if you still want to play I'll send you questions to get you caught up, then you can join in on the current one.

Lifelines:
Lifeline one: 50/50 - PM me and say you want to use your 50/50 on a question and I'll take away two of the wrong answers. This lifeline can only be used on multiple choice.
Lifeline two: Jump- If you want to jump a question just post it, but you can only do it once, and this cannot be used on the last three questions.
Lifeline three: Clue- If at any time during the game, you need a clue as to the answer, let me know via pm and I'll give you one.
All of these lifelines can only be used once, and once they are done that's it.

This goes without saying, no googling! Or any such thing. You may of course reference parts from the books if you are unsure. I also shouldn't have to say this, but there is no real money involved in this game.

This is where all of your stats will be, including points and lifelines.

Participants:
Mashi:
Lifelines available = 50/50, Jump, Clue.
$1700   3/4

Dapianoplay3r
Lifelines available = 50/50, Jump, Clue
$1200   2/4

Ishy
$1800 3/4

Chuckles
$1600 3/4

Leala
$0

Lenlo
$0

Rhea
$1700   3/4

Mish

$1700 3/4

Lessa Nikia

$1500 2/4

Katiora

$0

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Community Administrator

The first questions will be multiple choice, then true or false, and the last three questions will be answered by private pm.

Does that mean the first few rounds, we all post our answers in the game thread?  Is it a contest to see who can post the answer the quickest?  Or will we each have a chance to answer all 15 questions?

The first questions will be multiple choice, then true or false, and the last three questions will be answered by private pm.

Does that mean the first few rounds, we all post our answers in the game thread?  Is it a contest to see who can post the answer the quickest?  Or will we each have a chance to answer all 15 questions?

The first twelve answers should be posted in the game thread. All I can do is encourage people not to look at others answers but I know it might still happen anyways. Everyone will have a chance to answer the first twelve. That's why I figured the last three being the most difficult but worth the most points, should be answered by pm. 

Okay, time to play. You will have twenty four hours from the time stamp on this post to answer the question. 

One hundred dollar question: In Eye of the World whilst escaping from the two rivers, what was the name of the horse that Rand was riding? 

A. Bela

B. Red

C. Cloud

D. Stepper

Ishy and Chuckles are correct. The answer is C. Cloud. 

Egwene actually rides Bela and we don't see Red until Rand leaves Caemlyn. Red was given to Rand by Basel Gill. 

Two questions this time. 

Two Hundred dollar question:

In The Great Hunt, while trapped in the portal stone world, Rand and co. meet Selene/Lanfear. She mentions a book that deals with these portal stone worlds. What was the name of the book?

A. Mirrors of the Wheel

B. Mirrored Worlds

C. 1001 Magical Herbs and Fungi. 

D. Mirrors of the Pattern. 

Three Hundred Dollar Question:

In The Dragon Reborn Perrin sees Gaul for the first time. What was Gaul doing at the time?

A. Dancing the Spears

B. Playing Maiden's Kiss. 

C. Reading in a tree. 

D. Sitting in a Cage.

As again, you will have 24 hours from the time on this post to answer. 

Archived