DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Complete Leatherbound Collection Photos

dfchang

It is always a pleasure to see other collections and yours is one of the best I've ever seen.

If you don't mind my asking how did you get the first three in green Leatherbound with slipcases? I had been told by Brandon Sanderson that the first 3 were never released to the general public. I heard rumors that a few of the 1st edition, 1st printings were specially commissioned for Jordan's personal collection. I saw a signed leatherbound version of Eye of the World about 3 to 4 years ago on Ebay but lost out on it.

To be honest, I'm not sure how much this is worth since collections like these come up very very infrequently. Like I said, I've never seen a lettered Legends in my life anywhere other than my own. Numbered ones have gone on ebay for around 1500 to 2000 if I recall correctly. I put up the price and will wait for best offers to

Dennis

I committed sacralige and broke the bindinings and had them rebound to match the others. The only thing they don't have is the limited page and signature. I got sick of not having a matching set;) by doing what I did I either devalued my set or increased it depending on whether you are a purist or just like nice looking stuff:).

Good luck with the sale! I reckon somewhere between 10-15k is fair value. Mb I should list mine at 50k, so yours looks cheap :p

LoL, for sure.  :)

But remember the ace in the hole is the Lettered Legends . . .  We don't really have any value on this.  Is it work 4k? 5k?  Who knows?  I guess the problem with this type of thing is the potential market is so small and specialized it's really hard to sell it at all but at the same time all it takes is that one Jordan bibliophile with money.  :)

Thanks and let's see what happens, I'll update if/when I move this.  I'm in no hurry so I do have the benefit of patience.

As for your collection, it looks gorgeous.  I don't think it is devalued at all actually.  Remember that the publisher did the exact same thing to create the ultra small copies for Jordan.  They took existing 1st printings and had them rebound. Of course, since it was the publisher, they were able to put in a limitation page and Jordan signed it.

THOSE are super, super, super rare.  I've only seen the one, Eye of the World and bid over 1000 on it and STILL lost.  DOH!!  :)

I saw an EotW on eBay once prolly over 10 years ago. It had a limited page but the guy was claiming he had purchased a whole bunch of EotW 1st 1st copies and rebound them. Pretty sure it was bs and he had just done what I did but added a fake limitation page as I never saw another one. Do you remember the # of the book?

I saw an EotW on eBay once prolly over 10 years ago. It had a limited page but the guy was claiming he had purchased a whole bunch of EotW 1st 1st copies and rebound them. Pretty sure it was bs and he had just done what I did but added a fake limitation page as I never saw another one. Do you remember the # of the book?

Sorry but I don't remember the number that was so long ago and I was depressed when I didn't win it.  :)

• 2 months later...
  • 7 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Anyone have any extra limited editions for sale?

I am just starting to collect the limiteds (I have F of H, WH, L of C, and P of D). Behind the 8 ball now- so hard to track down. Kicking myself-missed a C of T that's went for 195$ on EBay in Dec.

is that sajuice from reddit? Yeah I kicked my self when I looked through what had sold...You can never have too many.... ;)

• 3 weeks later...

Anyone have any extra limited editions for sale?

I am just starting to collect the limiteds (I have F of H, WH, L of C, and P of D). Behind the 8 ball now- so hard to track down. Kicking myself-missed a C of T that's went for 195$ on EBay in Dec.

is that sajuice from reddit? Yeah I kicked my self when I looked through what had sold...You can never have too many.... ;)

You got it- that's me!

As you know - doing better- now got Legends and New Srping, Working on acquiring AMofL and TofM.  Have tSR, CofS, CofT, KofD, and tGS to go....

• 1 year later...
Guest Yshai24

Hello all,

not sure how these collections are going or if anyone is still around from this thread, but decided to try to collect these as well. Anyone still possibly selling? I decided to look on Amazon a couple weeks ago and they have the Towers of Midnight for $250 new in Leatherbound. There was only one in stock. I bought it but figured it was a fluke. Sure enough it showed up brand new as described. Doe this seem like a lucky fluke? It has a number 42 sticker on the outside. 

• 1 year later...