DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Complete Leatherbound Collection Photos

dfchang

I'm guessing I'm one of the few people outside Harriet and Tom Doherty who has one of these.

With A Memory of Light, it's about as complete as it ever will be.  They never did the first 3 for mass consumption for whatever reason.  I hope Tom Doherty eventually finishes it off but without Jordan's REAL signature (not just a photocopy) it'll never be the same of course.

Enjoy, comments to follow

leatherbound001_zps6f690ba5.jpg

leatherbound005_zpsc6a73681.jpg

leatherbound004_zps2d64af85.jpg

leatherbound003_zps3ef9195b.jpg

leatherbound006_zps19e278f4.jpg

leatherbound007_zps33d54b03.jpg

leatherbound009_zps3f7a9277.jpg

New Spring, Legends, Lord of Chaos, Path of Daggers, and Winter's Heart are actually all LETTERED editions.

The most valuable of all of them is probably my Lettered Legends since there is only 50 in existence and 11 went to the authors who contributed to it.  It has GRRM, RJ, Anne McCaffrey, Silverberg, Orson Scott Card, Goodkind, Stephen King, Terry Pratchett sigs etc on limitation page.  Not sure how much it's worth but I've never seen one for sale under any circumstances and in any venue.

The first three books sadly aren't first edition first printings but they are all handsigned by Robert Jordan.  The Big White Book is a first printing signed by Jordan . . .

Thanks for looking.   I think it's pretty rare to see something like this.  In all the Internet, I've only found one pic remotely resembling this and that was on Encyclopaedia WoT's book collecting section which only shows the leatherbound series up to Crossroads.

That is just beautiful. I have always been more for soft cover books as I think they are more comfortable to read and besides I do not have to worry to much if I drop them into the tub while reading while taking a bath as they are not to expensive, but that set is gorgeous, I want a set like that now. :)

Hmm. .. makes my full set signed by the authors and editor seem puny. But it does look badass. The coolest RJ thing I've got is the Russian translation, sign by RJ and Harriet. 2nd coolest is the error dustjacket of Fires of Heaven (Eladia is spelled Fladia) and the next is my PoD cover, which has a printers error. (The cover as offset, so the raised lettering and the red lines are 1/2 inch off)  

B. 

It would be neat to find out the value, but it's something to hold onto for now. It means more sentimentally than the money, but in 20 years. .. it may be time to send them to someone else who will love them more. I like it b/c it's a complete set, signed by both of them. I wanted to find Darryl Sweet, but two weeks after I thought about it, he passed away. Maybe Tom Dougherty (sic) will be my next target. That would be pretty cool.

The CoC library has a copy of the first volume of the Russian EotW. It may be in the pictures here on Dragonmount somewhere. It's a beautiful printing.

I also have hardbacks of RJ's historical romance series, The Fallon Series. If you like John Jakes, you'll enjoy that trilogy.

B   

Wow! I'm not much for leather bound books, I much prefer well-bound cloth cover editions, but I'd sure love to have this set! How much did this collection set you back?

Well they each retailed for 250 to 300 dollars apiece.  So that starts it off at 4000 dollars and change.  Some of course I spent much more on and it's worth now as a complete set is several times the initial price.  Also a Legends lettered with all those signatures would be astronomical in and of itself. 

That is just beautiful. I have always been more for soft cover books as I think they are more comfortable to read and besides I do not have to worry to much if I drop them into the tub while reading while taking a bath as they are not to expensive, but that set is gorgeous, I want a set like that now. :)

Thanks.  It goes without saying but these books aren't for reading.  None of them have even been opened except to check the limitation page and as you can see with the last 3 in the sequence by Brandon Sanderson, they are all still in the original shrinkwrap. 

Hmm. .. makes my full set signed by the authors and editor seem puny. But it does look badass. The coolest RJ thing I've got is the Russian translation, sign by RJ and Harriet. 2nd coolest is the error dustjacket of Fires of Heaven (Eladia is spelled Fladia) and the next is my PoD cover, which has a printers error. (The cover as offset, so the raised lettering and the red lines are 1/2 inch off)  

B. 

I wouldn't say that.  If your full set are ALL FIRST EDITION FIRST PRINTINGS (from Eye of the World to A Memory of LIght) and signed by both Robert Jordan and Harriet then that is a VERY impressive set indeed.  I don't think it's as valuable as the leatherbound collection mainly because of the limitations and the fact that there is a lettered Legends in there but overall, I would consider your set to be a grail level collectible.  

A signed 1st printing of Eye of the World is a 1000 dollar item easily in my opinion. 

B. 

I remember that Flaida error.  Is it worth anything?

Wow! I'm not much for leather bound books, I much prefer well-bound cloth cover editions, but I'd sure love to have this set! How much did this collection set you back?

Well they each retailed for 250 to 300 dollars apiece.  So that starts it off at 4000 dollars and change.  Some of course I spent much more on and it's worth now as a complete set is several times the initial price.  Also a Legends lettered with all those signatures would be astronomical in and of itself. 

Yoish! I think I'll just settle for a complete hardcover collection :)

Does the normal fond not work for you? The only effect those oversized letters will have, is people getting annoyed with you...

Edited by Thorum

Does the normal fond not work for you? The only effect those oversized letters will have, is people getting annoyed with you...

No one has expressed annoyance. My eyesight is very bad, I can't see the "normal" sized letters well. Sorry if it bothers you.

• 7 months later...

I know this thread has probably run its course but just wanted to say this is an AMAZING set!

I can appreciate how hard it is to acquire this type of collection.

I am just a signed 1st/1st Eye away from a complete signed 1st/1st set. I am struggling to find an individual one for sale or auction over the past year! All the ones I have found are part of very expensive sets! Oh well- will keep searching!

Thanks from posting- this is a great set you have acquired.

• 1 year later...

I have a copy of Legends in Mint condition. I'd have to verify the number. Signed by all authors including Terry Goodkind and Stephen king. I have yet to be able to find a value for my Legends book. In fact, this is one of the only things I could find about the book. If anyone on here has a value of Legends or can redirect me to someone who might, I would appreciate it. I am looking to sell mine. Thank you.

• 2 months later...

Just noticed that the topic starter has listed his collection on ebay for a measly $25,000 :huh:

Says his collection is unmatched....

Here be mine

10441073_1801539050070572_53034214159164

Granted I don't have the leatherbound Legends but heh my first three WoT books are first edition first printings and Match the rest of the set! Unfortunately they are not signed. Gotta be close to a tie if not a close 2nd! :cool:

Hi Chris,

LOVE YOUR COLLECTION!  I'm the guy who listed mine on Ebay and I have to agree yours is AT LEAST the equal to mine. 

It is always a pleasure to see other collections and yours is one of the best I've ever seen.

If you don't mind my asking how did you get the first three in green Leatherbound with slipcases?  I had been told by Brandon Sanderson that the  first 3 were never released to the general public.  I heard rumors that a few of the 1st edition, 1st printings were specially commissioned for Jordan's personal collection.   I saw a signed leatherbound version of Eye of the World about 3 to 4 years ago on Ebay but lost out on it. 

The lettered Legends is really the highlight of my collection.  Aside from Jordan's signature it also has SO MANY other great fantasy authors.  Stephen King especially is not easy to get as he doesn't often sign and of course other authors on that page are not as active.  Some like the great Sir Terry Pratchett has sadly passed.  :(

To be honest, I'm not sure how much this is worth since collections like these come up very very infrequently.   Like I said, I've never seen a lettered Legends in my life anywhere other than my own.  Numbered ones have gone on ebay for around 1500 to 2000 if I recall correctly.    I put up the price and will wait for best offers to see what the market is like. 

I love my collection but have enjoyed it for close to 9 years and I'm not really a book collector.  Would prefer these go to a true bibliophile who can put them in a temperature and humidity controlled vault with the rest.

But thanks so much for sharing your collection, it's breathtaking.  :)  I would love, love, love to have those first 3 books.  LoL.

Dennis

I have a copy of Legends in Mint condition. I'd have to verify the number. Signed by all authors including Terry Goodkind and Stephen king. I have yet to be able to find a value for my Legends book. In fact, this is one of the only things I could find about the book. If anyone on here has a value of Legends or can redirect me to someone who might, I would appreciate it. I am looking to sell mine. Thank you.

I remember doing an Ebay completed item search a few years ago and came upon an ended auction for a numbered Legends that went for close to 2 grand.  Hope that helps