DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Taltos and Cindy

Christine

In the Nae'blis thread, Taltos' spelling was attacked. The first time was done by a Ful that knew nothing of Taltos' issues. Cindy responded, upset by this, and the Ful then apologized. The second time was done by me, giving him a Speak and Spell. This was done at the advice of the other staff members, because we are working on Step Two of your bond.

Step Two of your bond is for you two to defend each other. Given Taltos' medical issues, we were having a hard time looking for something to tease him on and have Cindy defend. We were drawing a blank, and when the opportunity presented itself with the N'B thread, we took it.

In response, both of you have gotten very upset, to the point that Cindy laid out a number of insults against me and Taltos got upset in chat.

Now, I have spoken with both of you in the past about Taltos' issues, to the point that I thought if I, over anyone else, was the one to test your bond, it would be ok. None of the post was meant in malice or hatefulness. It was truly meant to test your bond and to see Cindy defend you.

For this entire affair, I am sorry to have upset you both. I kind of assumed that you guys would know to expect your bond to be tested. You all are not the first to be insulted, and I was not making fun of your medical issues. As I have established a number of times, my grandfather died from a stroke. I do not take it lightly. I was making fun of your spelling, which, as can be seen by drunk posting, we have a number of bad spellers around here, myself included when I get wasted. The insult was meant against your spelling. Not your issues.

i apologize for being insulting to you personally.  

i've gotten upset seeing him attacked over this issue in other forums here, and after last night... i was just very shocked to see it here.  

i didn't realize until afterward what was going on.

i'm sensitive to this issue not only for his sake but for anyone's, and i went from zero to blind, red rage instantly, and i regret that.

but i don't regret defending him.

just wish i'd done it less rudely.

liek waht cindy said, ive had problms from othr peple over it elswher, o the test ws not the first hing on my mind whn I saw it geting bring up agin. MAkes it lot beter knowin wasnt al in earnest. I accppt yuor apology and Im aorry if I foffened you at a point.

Christine, when I saw what you posted I was seeing red. I didn't say anything when Aj. posted because I knew he was new and didn't know about Tal being sick. I also saw that Cindy took care of it. But when you posted what you did I had no idea it was part of the bonding process. I was going to quit the Wolfkin tonight when I got on my computer because of it. Cindy's right. Tal has been made fun for his spelling in other parts of DM. It makes me so mad that people can be that mean and cruel. So when I saw your post I assumed it was the same thing. I know that the insults are a part of the bonding process and if they are going to be spread out in the main threads, and that cruel, I won't be here for that. I will not step on Cindy's toes and I'm afraid I will do just that if I see random insults thrown Tal's way.

Nicana, Christine, Taltos and Cindy have had issues but they have been resolving them

from you comment I gather you are part of the Wolfkin? Well from that you would know that Christine is a good person and a very good leader. If you believed that her spelling attack was genuine it should of struck you as very out of character and odd.

Part of the bonding was supposed to be tough and insulting. Once Cindy had defended Taltos it would of been mentioned publicly that it was part of the task and not meant. It might of been too far but it should then get taken to the PMs or Lily

Yes, it is Shayol Ghul. I understand that part of this group is throwing insults at each other. I can see the fun in that. What I don't understand is why they have to be so cruel. I see no fun in insulting someone for something they have no control over.

Yes, it is Shayol Ghul. I understand that part of this group is throwing insults at each other. I can see the fun in that. What I don't understand is why they have to be so cruel. I see no fun in insulting someone for something they have no control over.

*hugs*

um.... you can write the rest in.

Nicana, Christine, Taltos and Cindy have had issues but they have been resolving them

from you comment I gather you are part of the Wolfkin? Well from that you would know that Christine is a good person and a very good leader. If you believed that her spelling attack was genuine it should of struck you as very out of character and odd.

Part of the bonding was supposed to be tough and insulting. Once Cindy had defended Taltos it would of been mentioned publicly that it was part of the task and not meant. It might of been too far but it should then get taken to the PMs or Lily

What I said was not an attack on Christine. I see that she is resolving the issue with Cindy and Tal. The truth of it is I may be a part of the Wolfkin, but I do not know Christine. So I had no way of knowing that it was out of character for her. I understand that the insults are part of the bonding process. and as you said they won't know that until its already done. I can't stand to see him insulted so I won't be around until this part of the process is over. The point of my post to Christine is to let her know that the post was taken seriously by more than just Cindy and Tal and to those that really don't know her, if this thread was never made, could have cost her members .elsewhere.

I wouldn't mind bonding you either, Cindy. But alas, SG will only allow one. :(

yeah, but... love you and all.

we can haz taltos make a sweet sig :)

Great idea Cindy! (loves you too)

Seriously, you don't know me? I'm the loving, motherly sweetheart everywhere, and the only insults I give are saying I don't care and plotting deaths.

I never made fun of his medical issues. I made fun of his spelling, which a number of dreadies are bad at. I mean, come on. I cannot even believe how much this has blown up.

And taltos, taking this to chat? All you have to say is sorry?

No, I really don't know you. I've seen you post all over DM. But I personally don't know you. So I have no idea what or what you are not capable of. As far as not making fun of his medical issues. I never said you did. But considering that his inability to spell is due to his medical issues........

Oh, you guys. I hope that we can agree that Cindy passed her task. A very stoic defense of Taltos indeed. 

I think there are limits, though. I was on SG staff when we designed this bonding process, and there was never any intention that things should get so personal. Now that everybody involved has apologised, I hope that everybody can move on. 

Finally, to Taltos. I'm sorry to hear that people are hassling you about your spelling. From what I know of your condition, it sounds awful. It must also be annoying having to tell people about it whenever they bring it up. I can empathise with this to some extent, since I have quite a bad hearing loss, and it can interfere with my efforts to communicate in real life; I generally don't enjoy telling people about it, because it's just awkward. However, there is a flip side. Sometimes I get good-natured teasing about it from friends. I hope you can accept what happened as being good-natured, as the banter in Shayol Ghul should be; from what I know of Christine, I sincerely doubt that it was malicious. 

This is all I am going to say about this. I hope we can consider this closed. 

Now for my part of the situation…

As Christine said, Shayol Ghul Staff hit a brick wall about the bonding process for Cindy and WildTaltos.

Frankly, we were afraid that anything we brought up might bring out a suicidal frenzy from cindy or cause Taltos to freak out. This is especially the case with Taltos, because most of us in Shayol Ghul don’t know him very well, and don’t know what we can pick on him for to “attack” him to provoke a defense by cindy.

When the ful made his post, I made a post as a Staff Member to the ful discussing the situation.

And he apologized.

I pointed out cindy’s defense, and we thought (perhaps mistakenly so) that it was not quite enough, for two reasons.

1) the ful didn’t *know* he was hitting a rough spot.

And

2) we felt the bond wouldn’t be truly tested if it wasn’t from a standing member of the Shayol Ghul community.

So, i actually jokingly suggested a speak-and-spell. Taking the thing a step further. 

I could have easily done the task, but as Taltos’s faction leader, we felt Christine would be best to perform the task. As it should fall to me to attack cindy. Or to see it done.

cindy defended Taltos, yes. And now it seems like Christine has come to be on the defensive, made out to be a bad guy,

I have been accused by some (Roxinos, to name one) of being hyper defensive. I am not accusing anyone of being so. People have often told me “Get a thicker skin” or “Lighten up, this is Shayol Ghul.” Not that long ago, Roxinos *spit*called me a pansy. I cite this thread here: http://www.dragonmou...age-2?hl= pansy

There is a difference between situations. I am not trying to get a mindtrap bond with someone right now.

Picking on fellow SGers is an established way of life in this Social group.

Player, how often have I made fun of you for drunkposting in the blacks?

Or called Rand my dog, even given him spiky leashes?

How many times have we BA been called Hags?
Or made fun of Shadowspawn members appetites or smell?

How often has someone made fun of Ed, calling him a monkey?

Or made fun of Verbal’s attractions?

Or for the Great Lord’s Sake…. BARM????? How often does Barm get picked on here in Shayol Ghul and the rest of DM?

Taltos, as much as I care about you, my little brother, you were holding us over a barrel with how to proceed with this bonding. Almost like "Pick on me, but don't pick on me." 

• Club Leader

I am so sorry I wasn't here yesterday. DM won't always let me on, and yesterday it wouldn't. 

Taltos, Cindy, my sincere apologies. This bonding process is supposed to be grueling, yes, but not like this. Pandy's right on that. 

The good news is that Cindy passed step 2 of the bonding process. Cindy, somewhere, some time, someone is going to attack you in a post for Taltos to defend. Just be ready for it and don't take it personally, okay?

Archived