DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Funny WOT Related Incident That Happened Today

Lavaliar

I had to be on campus to take care of a few things today (I returned to school in 2011 and am almost finished my basic degree) and got stuck in a long line to get into a particular office. I noticed the young person standing in front of me was reading the trade-paperback edition of TGH! He was even at almost the same point I was in the book. I (of course) had my used pb copy with me and we quickly got to trading stories about how we got into the series, favorite characters & scenes, theories about what would happen later in the series appreciation for Jordan's prose etc. It was a great random occurrence and he turned out to be a very cool person.

In addition, three other people asked me what I was reading and took a real interest in the series. I gotta tell ya, inaccurate they may be, but those DKS covers inspire interest, there's a reason he was king of the sf-f book cover for so many years!

Anyway, just thought I'd share that :)

Ah! I love randomly meeting others that love this series so much. Such an immediate bond of kinship :tongue:

The only meeting I've really ever had on campus was when I was just chilling and this girl walked past me with a book in her hands and it happened to be EotW, so I yelled at her and told her she's reading an epic book. She just looked at me all awkwardly. Oh well :tongue:

Welcome to DM! Shall we be seeing you around or did you just want to share that gem? :tongue:

Ah! I love randomly meeting others that love this series so much. Such an immediate bond of kinship :tongue:

The only meeting I've really ever had on campus was when I was just chilling and this girl walked past me with a book in her hands and it happened to be EotW, so I yelled at her and told her she's reading an epic book. She just looked at me all awkwardly. Oh well :tongue:

Welcome to DM! Shall we be seeing you around or did you just want to share that gem? :tongue:

I'm here to stay! I intend to read all the rest of the series. I am becoming a very serious Jordan fan. I think I'd like to contribute something to RJ scholarship one day! Right now, I am just a beginning WOT reader, but I think it's an astonishing literary accomplishment.

Archived