DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Invisibility!

Gaul

Hey guys do you think Rand will be able to become invisible like LTT was able to in AOL?

I was thinking maybe wrapping yourself in spirit or spirit and air or something?

And on a side questions: Why does Rand feel Min more in the bond then Avi El or Al

Ummmmmmm, LTT was invisible in the AoL? Are you talking about way back in Cairhien when Galina et al were "visiting" and Rand hid Egwene behind a mask of mirrors?

Rand feels whoever's closest to him. They comment on it when he travels away from Alanna, Avi, Elayne, etc. that all/most of the sensations of the bond dwindle down to pretty much only a sense of direction. When he's close to any of the rest of them he feels them all as much as he does Min.

Nope not the Mask of Mirrors it was said LTT can turn just turn invisible I might be wrong thought. But if that was the way with egwene... and as to Min the sentence was....

Rand was glad he left it at the inn with Min. She nestled in the back of his head more strongly than Elayne or Aviendha, or Alanna.He was only vaguely aware of the others.Min seemed alive inside him

The answer you gave me might of fit that because I honestly think he "loves" Min more then the others seeing how they spend more time together...

ok im gonna stop now getting offtopic:P

Rand can use the invisibility trick, he did it with Egwene as icspots pointed out. I think LTT refers to it as "bending light" and its closely related to the Mask of Mirrors. If you move it becomes blurry, and it works best when tied to a solid object like a wall or floor.

Gaul, closest in a geographical sense. The further you are from your bonded warder/Aes Sedai/Asha'man the less distinct and sensitive the bond becomes eventually becoming just a hazy direction. Rand loves them all more or less equally and his PoV says so, as does the PoV where Min and Aviendha discuss the 'veins of gold', he gets like that with each of them not just Min.

Rand did it again at Cairhien when the rogue ashamans tried to blow him up. He evaded the Wise Ones.

As for the warder bonds, it must be an inverse square law. Feeling is directly proportional to the distance to the power of minus 2.

Mask of mirrors and the invisibility weaves are two different weaves. MoM is usually 'tied' to the wearer of the weaves and do not shimmer (otherwise they'd be useless as a disguise) while the invisibilty weave shimmers is what it's hiding moves too much or if it is moved(ie its tied to a table and the table moves).

Archived