DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Revision of The World of Robert Jordan's The Wheel of TIme

SQChevy

Does anybody know if there is any intention to update The World of Robert Jordan's The Wheel of Time?  This book is a great source for background information on all the stuff within Randland and the series as a whole.  It came out around the time of Path of Daggers so it should hold information up tile then, but that still leaves 6 books and the Prequel that are not included.  It would be nice to have this in addition to any additional background info Robert Jordan may have had to explain topics that perhaps couldn't have been released at that time.

Actually, after I wrote this I looked up something on Wikipedia and found this section:

"A second edition of the book, updated with information from the later novels, has been mooted several times by fans. However, Robert Jordan has confirmed that instead a new 'Wheel of Time Encyclopedia', written by his wife Harriett McDougal based on his raw notes, will follow on from the main series. This book will feature more maps, a list of every character to appear in the series and a 1,000-word vocabulary for his invented language, the Old Tongue.[3] It will appear after publication of the fourteenth and final novel, A Memory of Light, currently scheduled for 8 January 2013."

So I guess it is only a matter of time now.

There will be an encyclopaedia published. The release date is yet to be confirmed. Team Jordan has set loose expectations that it will be out a year after aMoL, however, there is not any firm date at this time.

Ah leave it to you Barid to always have the facts in such a question, you are better than google. Thank you for the information.

Archived