DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Book Signing Gold Stars

Guest Tes

I was fortunate enough to get to attend the Minneapolis book signing tonight and it was great!  There was, however, a problem.

When my turn came to get my books signed I got to say, "Thank you."  Unfortunately, even as I said the words my heart sunk a little.  It fell short.  Not wanting to hold up the line or embarrass myself by gushing, I took my books and moved on.  I spent the entire long drive home excited about what had just happened but also dreaming up how I could make that "thank you" support the feeling behind it.

So what do you say we help each other?  I don't think I'll be alone in this.  I think other people at these signings can't fully express their thanks to the extent they wish and Harriet and Brandon only have so much time after all!  My idea is this.  When you go to the book signing, bring a star.  Five point, six point, black and white, gold, plush, printed, sticker... whatever you can manage.  When you say thank you, simply pass the star to them (to raise awareness).  Use this forum post to take your time to write out your thanks.  They can then take their time reading it (hopefully!) when things settle down.  Your thank yous will be the meaning behind the "gold stars".

It's all ifs and maybes but to me it's worth a shot!

Harriet and Brandon,

Thank you for finishing!  Thank you for the laughs, the tears, the gasps, and the head slaps.  Thank you for my favorite book series of all time!

Brandon,

Thank you for lending your excellent talent to the series.  Thank you for doing right by us all as only a fan could have. Thank you for being brave enough to step in front of the firing squad that is any rabid fan base and knocking it out of the park beautifully!  Thank you for doing it in the midst of everything else you have going.  And thank your family for supporting you through it!

Harriet,

You are outstanding.  Thank you for rising above grief to continue on.  Thank you for your relentless dedication to detail and consistency.  Most of all, thank you for being the type of woman that inspires a man to fill his literary world with strong, dynamic female characters for us to identify with and love.  

That, is what those two little words meant coming from me tonight.  Thank you!

post-29093-0-78536200-1357712668_thumb.jpg

Archived