DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Report/Discuss Q and A and Interview Spoilers Here (Full Spoilers)

Luckers

Nakomi was referenced directly when Avi asked the WO at the beginning of the book if they knew the name. She's also possibly/likely (I think she is) the Aiel that Rand met on his way out the cave.

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply
So did anyone get the reveal to who the POV is for River of Souls or is BS still tight lipped on it?

I seem to be missing something, what is River of Souls?

Nevermind, it is the deleted scene being released.

Scenes. A complete plot arc, apparently. For Demandred.

He didn't write it long ago; he's just always said he could have written it at any given time. This is basically the last and penultimate Rand POVs which were originally one scene. Brandon added the Cadsuane POV.

So did anyone get the reveal to who the POV is for River of Souls or is BS still tight lipped on it?

When will it be released?

When will it be released?

http://www.brandonsanderson.com/blog/1119/A-MEMORY-OF-LIGHT-deleted-sequence-River-of-Souls-to-appear-in-UNFETTERED-anthology

• 2 weeks later...

No worries, I thought I'd draw attention to it as the pre-release board is a little quiet at the moment and there's some interesting answers (at least interesting to me, I confess I haven't read all the interviews, so I suspect most is merely a repeat, but it's new to me)

Here's a tidbit from yesterday's signing:

Brandon reveal the gist of the two lines written for the outrigger novels. He says they will be released eventually, but the gist are. The first is about Mat waking up in a gutter somewhere, likely in Seanchan. The second is about Perrin heading out and thinking about how he may be forced to kill a friend.

:bela: 

Reposted

Posting some spoiler Q/A here from the Sacramento book signing with Brandon, Harriet and Jason, since I cannot start a topic in this board, but we wanted to include these in the Memory Keeper write-up.  These questions and answers are paraphrased as overheard by people coming through the line to ask questions Friday, 2/8/2013 at Barnes in Noble in Citrus Heights, CA:

So....

The spoilers.....

Bela's death was the runaway winner for most brought up subject, to which Brandon usually arched his arm across the head of Memory Keeper Avienda, pointed at Harriet and said, "Blame her."  At one point he said he wrote a scene where she fought back to life, but Harriet cut it.  She overheard this, said it wasn't true and Brandon responded that he'd wanted to.  He then said that he likes to think that when the horn is called next one of the heroes will be riding a shaggy, gray mare.

Does Faile get the throne?  Yes.

Multiple people asked about the tinker song and the way of the leaf.  Brandon said it's more than a song, it's a way of life.  The song itself would mean peace and harmony for all people.  Robert Jordan said it can't be found, it's a way of life (to quote Brandon, quoting RJ, "The Tinkers never do find their damn song.")  Put another way, as Brandon wrote on the cover of one Memory Keeper's book: "journey over destination."  

Rand's pipe-lighting came up a few times, to which Brandon stated in no uncertain terms that it's just not explained in the notes, that it's something the readers get to answer themselves.

Someone asked if Rand riding off at the end was Hoid.  Brandon said it wasn't, but he liked the question.  Someone else suggested that maybe Androl was Hoid. [Me]

Was the Last Battle chapter in AMoL 190 pages long because that was how Jordan wanted it?  No, Brandon made this decision himself because he felt like none of the characters could put their weapons down during this stretch, so he wanted the reader to be in the same predicament and not be able to put the book down.  

When asked who Nakomi was, Brandon said that it wasn't answered by Robert Jordan so it was important that he left it that way.

When asked about the ending he said he thought Robert Jordan left it open so the reader could fill in what happened for themselves.  Then he said that he thought Rand probably did go talk to Tam before he left but maybe not Lan.

Archived