DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Are Prologue & Chapter 1 identical in the book?

Morsker

Please no spoilers!

My AMoL is coming today. I could get started now, by rereading the Prologue & Chapter 1 in electronic format, and hopefully by the time I finish, AMoL will be here and I'll start on Chapter 2. (I know Chapter 2 is available as audio, but I want to read it.)

My question -- does anyone know whether the Prologue & Chapter 1 pre-released are exactly the same as what we'll get inside the real book? If there are going to be corrections, I'll just wait and read the "real" version.

Please no spoilers!

My AMoL is coming today. I could get started now, by rereading the Prologue & Chapter 1 in electronic format, and hopefully by the time I finish, AMoL will be here and I'll start on Chapter 2. (I know Chapter 2 is available as audio, but I want to read it.)

My question -- does anyone know whether the Prologue & Chapter 1 pre-released are exactly the same as what we'll get inside the real book? If there are going to be corrections, I'll just wait and read the "real" version.

Official content released: Chapter 1, prologue, etc. are verbatim what is printed in the book.  I, myself, also have yet to decide if i'll reread those portions or skip them.

Great, thanks. I was unsure, because I heard somewhere that the Chapter 2 audio might not be official, and was based off an older copy. But I guess the text is official!

I want to start reading sooner, to head off the chance of accidentally hitting spoilers. Lots of people took sadistic pleasure in hunting down Harry Potter fans and spoilering them, and they pretty much had to run and hide from the entire Internet to avoid it. (I never read HP; I just witnessed the spectacle of wanton spoilering.) I haven't seen it done with WoT yet, but I'm still worried! Going to start rereading the Prologue now.

what was changed?

And Snooze - I went with a skim of the prologue. When I read it first a few months ago, I was so enthralled with Talmanes' story that I found i paid little attention to the other sections. So I reread most of the others.

Now onto Ch. 1. Dang work.

There was something about linking, that was one, but I can't recall any other major ones. My advice, just read the book, shouldn't take long.

I don't know about anyone else, when I get into the car and the stereo starts whatever mp3 I was listening to, it's just not the same unless I start the song over. You cannot pick up, say Cannon in D or whatever else half way through and enjoy it as much.

The (audio)book has a quote before the prologue. But I assumed they were the same other than that, and skipped most of the stuff I already read. Can someone tell me which part of the book I need to listen to again? I only have the audio book and it reads much slower than I like for content I've already read.

(By the way, I just listened to the last half of Canon in D Major, it's still good starting halfway through when I've heard the start many times before)

Archived