DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Anyone else preorder aMoL leatherbound

Jorden Sargent

I pre-ordered mine from Amazon. They said there was a delay in shipping but that should have it to me by Saturday at the latest. So I don't know what's going on there. 

@Giovanni - They started the leather bound copies with Lord of Chaos I think. I don't know if they'll go back and do the prior books in the format or not. If they did decide to do a complete collection they would probably do a specialized edition so as not to take away from the rarity of the regular leather bounds. 

I was supposed to get a leather bound from Barnes and Noble but the jerks canceled my order with no information. I had to call them only to find out that it was no longer possible to try to order or fix the old order because "the publisher didn't update their release information". So I said screw that and ordered a regular copy from Amazon and a UK version from Amazon UK. :( I've never been so pissed in my life. If it weren't for the fact that I have literally hundreds of books from BN on my Nook I'd drop them like a hot rock. Ugh... onto good news though.. I got my US version copy on time on the date of release and already finished reading it. Now to go back and read it again!

So preordered the leatherbound copy from B&N back in November. Check status today still not shipped, call them and guess what they don't even have the book in the warehouse and now it could take up to 8 weeks to get. So just wondering if anyone else got screwed by B&N?

I orderd this edition in October and received the "Your Order Has Been Delayed" email this morning.

Jordan.Sargent - When you spoke to them, did they confirm they would eventually be fulfilling your order? When I did the online chat thing, the person on the other end of the connection could not guarantee they would ever be able to fulfill my order.

I really want this edition and am torn whether to do the panic thing and try to find one online no matter the price or wait it out.

I worry that if I wait it out, by the time I get the "Your Order Has Been Cancelled" email, there won't be any more new copies available.

As my kids would say, "Sad face".

I pre-ordered mine from Amazon. They said there was a delay in shipping but that should have it to me by Saturday at the latest. So I don't know what's going on there. 

@Giovanni - They started the leather bound copies with Lord of Chaos I think. I don't know if they'll go back and do the prior books in the format or not. If they did decide to do a complete collection they would probably do a specialized edition so as not to take away from the rarity of the regular leather bounds. 

I was actually thinking more so of the paperbacks as a complete set deal.  I only own four hardcovers now but I wanted the complete set in paperback.

So preordered the leatherbound copy from B&N back in November. Check status today still not shipped, call them and guess what they don't even have the book in the warehouse and now it could take up to 8 weeks to get. So just wondering if anyone else got screwed by B&N?

I orderd this edition in October and received the "Your Order Has Been Delayed" email this morning.

Jordan.Sargent - When you spoke to them, did they confirm they would eventually be fulfilling your order? When I did the online chat thing, the person on the other end of the connection could not guarantee they would ever be able to fulfill my order.

I really want this edition and am torn whether to do the panic thing and try to find one online no matter the price or wait it out.

I worry that if I wait it out, by the time I get the "Your Order Has Been Cancelled" email, there won't be any more new copies available.

The person I had talked to seemed to have no clue about the leather bound and just gave me the run around pretty much. Since I was at work that day friend of mine (who also ordered the leather bound) went and grabbed the hard cover and asked the person at the local barnes and noble and he was told that the book was in stock and scheduled to ship the next day. However, that was the day that everyone got the email stating it was delayed. So its pretty much up in the air as to whether or not they will be able to fulfill these orders or not.

Let me know if you can find it anywhere else online. Everywhere I have looked they don't even have the option for the leather bound special edition

Has anyone who's just pre-ordered the standard hardcover version and chosen to ship it to their home actually got theirs yet?

The waiting is killing me.

I pre-ordered the standard hardcover through amazon on the 3rd and it arrived on the 8th in the afternoon.

I was actually thinking more so of the paperbacks as a complete set deal.  I only own four hardcovers now but I wanted the complete set in paperback.

Ahh....they may do that. Not for sure though. 

The person I had talked to seemed to have no clue about the leather bound and just gave me the run around pretty much. Since I was at work that day friend of mine (who also ordered the leather bound) went and grabbed the hard cover and asked the person at the local barnes and noble and he was told that the book was in stock and scheduled to ship the next day. However, that was the day that everyone got the email stating it was delayed. So its pretty much up in the air as to whether or not they will be able to fulfill these orders or not.

Let me know if you can find it anywhere else online. Everywhere I have looked they don't even have the option for the leather bound special edition

I hope you get yours Jordan. I just received mine today and I think its a smaller run that the previous two leather bound editions I have purchased as it was numbered 14/125.  

Just got an email from B&N early this morning saying that I had 24 hours to log in and confirm I still wanted mine or the order would be canceled, of course I immediately logged onto their site and confirmed that I was still waiting for it, but I also wanted to warn anyone else who ordered through them to check your email and spam folders and then log into their site to confirm your order is also not slated for deletion if not confirmed before tomorrow. I have tweeted TOR asking if it was indeed a delay in release date, as B&N had said, and they said that all their copies have shipped and to call and speak with B&N about it... So hoping that someone there will be able to give a true answer when I call them on my break in a few hours.

I spoke with three people at Barnes & Noble today, the first told me that my order would ship out today, the second said that they got 30 copies in and were filling those and then had the rest still coming into their warehouse. The third person, who was from a special number I was given after finding out support numbers for orders made online is different from that of in store orders, said that it should be filled today and sent out this afternoon or tomorrow.  Either way it just seems like no one at their support center knows what they are talking about and just pull answers from their nether regions. At least the last person I spoke with said he would contact the warehouse and make sure the information was accurate, though I don't know if that was said just to calm me down or was truthfully a helpful agent... Guess we will see. And best of luck to all the others in my boat, I've finished reading the book from my reading copy but my collection shelf is looking lonely without this addition to it.

Jeff - I envy you having a collection shelf. This is my first real collector's edition.

As for the rest, at least we know they are coming in. I was afraid that my email really indicated that all copies had come in and been sent out already.

I feel like I dodged a bullet. I had been neglecting my email over the past few days. Yesterday I received both the "Please respond withing 24 hours" email and the "Your order is on the way" message. Using the tracking number, I confirmed thay it is on its way although it is still in Trenton NJ at present. I breathed a sigh of relief but will not be completely relaxed until it is in my hands.

I hope everyone else is getting good news as well.

Still waiting on mine, been calling the terrible excuse B&N calls Support daily and getting pretty much the same answer until yesterday.

Before: We emailed the shipping warehouse asking for a status on the release of your package, try back tomorrow. (Though they sounded annoyed that I was calling every morning.)

Yesterday Morning: We only get updates from the warehouse once a day, please call back this afternoon and we can check. (Still sounded annoyed I was concerned about my order.)

Yesterday Afternoon: It is marked to be mailed out tomorrow!

Today: It is marked to be shipped out today, you should get an email when it leaves our warehouse.

And so I sit at work waiting in anticipation every time my phone sounds with a new email of getting the message saying mine was shipped out... and will be very upset, and likely filing a BBB report, if they say they ran out.

Though glad to find out it's not just me, their facebook page is nothing but complaints about their customer support, or lack thereof.

I sincerely hope you receive your order.  I have gone through a similar fiasco with Books A Million.  My situation has not turned out well.  At first I was told similar things, but as I worked up the food chain to the executive level, the story changed for the worse.  Since I believe they will eventually credit the payment back, the situation boiled down to a short term loan to Books A Million with zero interest.

I should probably clarify that I have never had an issue with buying something in store from them and will likely continue to do so reguardless of the outcome. The only problem I have is with how they treat customers  calling in for support and with the way they have handled this whole special limited edition situation.  If they know that an item is limited edition they should find out how many they are going to be able to get and then only allow their stores and website to sell that many.  They also need to keep on top of release date and shipping dates so the customers are not left wondering where their order is and the support being clueless as to how to help resolve their questions.  I have worked in support before and understand that sometimes accidents can happen but when they do you have to suck it up and tell the customer that you made a mistake rather than stretch it on until a month or more after the fact.  I am sure they know how many copies they received and how many orders they have to fill and could have easily notified those who were waiting a week ago Tuesday if not earlier.

Traijin - Sorry to hear that it did not work out well for you. I think a lot of websites were selling this edition on Spec. Taking orders without ever getting a clear picture from Tor about what numbers would be available. Then when it becomes clear that they cannot meet the demand, they use the "it's been delayed" tactic to minimize their responsibilty.

Jeff - I agree. They were accepting pre orders in October if not earlier. They had plenty of time to get a cler picture on how many books they were going to receive and let those who ordered know what the situation was. I don;t expect the companies I work with to be perfect. I expect them to take responsibility for their mistakes.

Jordan - Hopefully you'll at least get some news one way or the other soon.

Still waiting for my confirmation email. Last I spoke with them, around noon PST, they said it was still due to be shipped out today but that could be anytime up through this evening. I tried to call back at 3:15, fifteen minutes before they are scheduled to close at the retail support line, and was surprised to find that they decided to stop calls 15 minutes (or more) before they were scheduled to close... Very unprofessional. So called back to the main support line and they could not find some of the information, because the two support numbers don't share a common database of orders... No, that would be to simple... and I had to call the store I ordered my ship-to-home item from directly.  They were able to answer that part of my question and now I get to wait on the email informing me whether they messed up or actually got my order out.  This whole ordeal is causing a lot of undue stress that is unneeded but I HOPE that it is all over this evening or they will be getting yet another call in the morning and this time I will be asking to speak with some kind of manager.

Archived