DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Damer Flinn

ShellK

Question..... How long do you think it's going to take them to figure out that for a women to be healed completely from stilling, it has to be healed by a man?

Example: Nynaeve couldn't fully heal Siuan or Leane, but completely healed Logain.

I think it'll happen this way because the way that the male and female half push and pull each other.

Mistress Anan was an Aes Sedai, I think she will be healed by an Asha'man but won't go back to being an Aes Sedai. I also think that since she is married and has children, she will probably conform to Egwene's version of the Kin.

It is only a matter of time, though I think that it will be resolved off-screen, after the last battle. We as readers know it, but in-worlders do not. The AS have seen woman Healing woman and woman Healing man, so they should be able to make that jump in logic. The AM have seen man Healing woman, but not man Healing man. Once Rand's bargain of letting 50 AM be bonded to 50 AS goes through, though, notes will be compared and the obvious conclusion will be drawn.

It may have happened off-screen. Nynaeve and Min have been in, not only each other's presence for an extended time period, but around women who were there for Flinn's healing and may have approached this upstart Yellow just to take her down a peg or two. Having said that, the issue hasn't really come up again, in any context, so maybe Nynaeve knows but we are not being told her entire life story with every conversation.

It may have happened off-screen. Nynaeve and Min have been in, not only each other's presence for an extended time period, but around women who were there for Flinn's healing and may have approached this upstart Yellow just to take her down a peg or two. Having said that, the issue hasn't really come up again, in any context, so maybe Nynaeve knows but we are not being told her entire life story with every conversation.

Interesting, although as Nynaeve is Yellow ajah, and wants to everything about healing. IF it has happened in the series, it would have gone about like wildfire. Amongst the channelling community it would be news almost to match the cleansing of the taint on the source. Nynaeve would have be CERTAIN to have heard about it and thought about it, in one of her POV chapters, unless it was be kept under wraps by the the black ajah, or the forsaken.

I speculate it will be discovered in AMOL by one of the red ajah sisters, in the black tower. Or by one of the Ashaman healing a stilled red sister.

I think the problem is that healing severing have really not happened that many times, it have been six times to be exact, five women and one man, at least that we know about so while the news of that is big, I do not think it would be to strange that they have not figured out that a severed channeler have to be healed by someone of the opposite gender for them to regain full strength, I mean what do they have to compare with, only two of the six have not gotten their complete strength back and it might be more easy to think that was due to a new method of healing just turning out a bit wonky in the start. There are not that many channelers who have been severed, at least not at that point in the books, I mean 200 years earlier they took in like 2 or 3 male channelers a year then they would have had something to work with but as far as I know no gentled male channeler was alive at the point where Nynaeve discovers how to heal it save Logain, perhaps one or two of Cads men could be alive but if so she would probably have asked someone to heal them by now if there was, if for no other reason than mercy and that Rand could use every man that can channel that he could find, and women do not get stilled very often so there is not a large group of people to compare with.

Now as for healing those burned out, I am not so sure that the same method used for healing severing can be used, and one reason why I think so is that if it could then why is not not used at the Black Tower? By the time Taim's school for gifted youngsters had been up and running for a few months they had ten men who had burned themselves out, why if healing works on those burned out, even if a man doing it will reduce the patient's abilities, do they not do it? The way the Black Tower train it's students results in allot of men burning themselves out and that can not be good for morale, so if it can be healed there is no reason not to, first off all you have the moral issue, then you have that every man there is a valuable weapon ad they want to loose as few as possible and third you have the humanitarian side of it, why would they want to send men away, or whatever they do with them, if they can heal them. I especially can not see Logain just letting Black Tower students just walk off burned out to curl up somewhere and die if there is a cure, so I suspect someone have plopped a burned out student or two down before Flinn and had him try, anything else just would not make sense.

Flinn is the only one that seems to be able to Heal severing in the AM community. Remember, he figured it out after Dashiva attacked Rand in the Sun Palace. Since then, Flinn has been with Rand almost constantly. So, the BT in general does not know it is possible. Also, few AM know how to do the five power Healing that Flinn does. They know the rougher, 3 power sort that Taim taught them.

But the Tower is well apprised on Sashalle's Healing. Sooner or later, Severed sisters are bound to learn of it.

There are no more severed Aes Sedai, basically it is not something they go and do to one another left and right, they reserve that for the male part of the channeling population. Anyway before Siuan there had not been a Aes Sedai sentenced to stilling for over one hundred years so unless stasis boxes was involved none of those could  be alive to that point in the books. Also there have not been an Aes Sedai who are burned out for 25 years Martine Janata was the last, so it is unlikely that there are any other burned out sisters still alive for the time the story of the books are happening. I guess there could be some burned out wilders though but they are not likely to hear about such healing. As for men, while the Tower did take in a male channeler every few years before the start of the books it is not mentioned that any of those are alive though I guess it is possible, that leaves the burned out Black Tower men, for all other severed characters are either already healed or have been killed off during the story if I do not remember things wrong.

I do think that you are right though, news that a way to heal severing will spread eventually, I mean things like that would spread like wildfire, you see the reactions of those Aes Sedai who learn about it, first disbelief as such news would be to wonderful to believe in unless you knew it was true and then relief as all of them carry the fear in them that they might be severed one day. The healing of severed channelers that is like finding a 100 percent cure for AIDS, news will spread.

She deserves to be healed.

Yes she do, but like Suttree say she was burned out so it might be impossible, at least with the method that Nynaeve discovered, but then we do not know for sure if it would be impossible to heal her. I can imagine it would be quite a shock for her though to finally be able to scratch that 25 year itch as it where. It would be great if she was healed for she is a character it is easy to get fond of, it would be nice if good things happened to her and she might be able to give the Aes Sedai some perspective.

I meant, Siuan and Leane. They were severed, so I think the term holds as an adjective even though they're Healed.

I get your point here, it is not the wording I would use but I guess technically it is correct.

Well someone should get her or some of those she showed the healing severing weave to at the rebel Tower to at least try to heal the burned out students at the Black Tower and it surprises me that no one have even suggested it, and that it is never mentioned in the books at all, it seams everyone have forgotten about those poor unfortunate students.

Archived