DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Shaidar Haran

Viperswhip

Umm, I just had a totally random weird thought. It must be from the pre-release stuff because I remember Cyndane thinking that Moridin had rescued her by killing her.

We have no evidence to suggest that Ishy just marched in there and killed things without making a deal. He must have gone through the Tower, or maybe through the doorway in Tear (destroying it later), but somehow he made it to the wishgivers and got Lanfear back.

I know questions regarding the Shadow are considered dangerous, but probably Ishy knows way more about this than Moiraine.

So, coincidentally, Shaidar Haran pops up right around that time. What do we think of as more likely, Ishy created him from a wish with the Finns or that he is the result of some secret breeding program/luck on the part of the Shadow?

You know this how?

For one thing, when Rand, Mat and Moiraine go into the doorway ter'angreal in Tear, she warns Egwene (who warns Mat) that questions touching on the shadow are dangerous. Which is why she was hesitant to go in, because it would be hard to ask questions about the Dragon Reborn without it touching on the Shadow.

I am sure there were other places that mentioned that the Finns hated the Shadow, but I can't remember specifics. Probably one of the Birgette passages.

It doesn't mean that the Finns hate Shadow if they don't want to answer to questions on it. What if they've made a deal with the Dark One and he has forbidden them to answer that kind of questions? I've thought of this a lot, and I believe the Finns actually have a connection to Shadow. Soon we'll see...

Moiraine doesn't know ANYTHING about it lol, just conjecture based on slight observations recorded over the millennia by people who didn't want its existence to be recorded.

It's quite obvious that super brainiac Ishy would have a far better understanding of the environment.

Sure, sure. Ishy and company would certainly know the conditions of the contract/agreement with the Finns, and be able to get much more out of the bargains.

But, I still don't think Shadar Haran came from there.

Interview: Apr, 2012

Afternoon Tea with Brandon Sanderson - Luckers (Paraphrased)

Luckers

Do the Forsaken know the weaves Elza used to break the warding Cadsuane placed on the Domination Band?

Brandon Sanderson

Yes.

LUCKERS

So, why didn’t they use it on wardings Rand placed on Callandor, and the other things they’ve wanted that were warded earlier in the series?

BRANDON SANDERSON

*stares at me for a long moment, thoughtfully* They may not have know them then. The thing is... we don’t see a lot of the Shadow innovating with the Power, unlike with the Light, but they have been. As much as the Light. But they know, now. The notes definitely say this.

The Shadow minions have been innovating and inventing just as much as the Light-siders. I guess Balthamel/Aran'gar/Halima was working on Fades while he/she was also giving Egwene headaches.

Archived