DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Happy Reading

GB

one more day to go and tomorrow our thirst for AMOL will be satisfied.

hope you all have a great time reading it.

now that the end is nigh close, my impatience is higher than ever.

enjoy AMOL everyone and let us thank everyone who made this book possible.

see you all on the full spoiler board

anxiously waiting for my copy, jealously thinking of others that have it, it's finally ending.

to be honest i think i will read amol three times, then reread the entire series, then feel read sad it's over, at which point maybe i'll give the entire thing another go after a little while. after that well it will be over, but i think there'll be another read after that not that long after. and following that, well this is certainly one of those stories i'll be keeping around, probably until the day i die. there's been plenty of books ive stored away in a box in the garage and there's been a few i just keep in the shelf. TWOT is the kind i'm just going to keep in the shelf

in the meantime, just cant wait!! almost there!!

I think at this point I should probably go into my planned total seclusion. Get off of Dragonmount and for the most part the internet in general until I finish the book. I've had too many books spoiled by people who just happened to mention something from the end, and I really do not want it happening for this series. I'm so nervous that this is finally going to end.

If only I can sleep during this 24 hours, and use the energy to NOT sleep on Tuesday :P

I realized I couldn't sleep last night, hopefully I go to bed today and just drop out of exhaustion as I want to finish book before sleeping tomorrow.

Tomorrow is big day lab tests in the morning, bus ride to book store and waiting for fast food place to open so I don't need to cook, thus got more time to read. It's actually all you can eat place and with no eating before tests + not cooking and reading constantly, I might gain some looks from staff, lol.

I have mixed feelings... While i want to know what happens in the end and can't wait for AMOL i'm also devastated that the series is going to end.. I just cannot imagine not having to wait for another WOT time book. It has become a part of me now and I'm sure I feel "severed/gentled" when I finish AMOL... It will be a tough few days after I finish AMOL. But then again good things always come to an end. 

........probably until the day i die. there's been plenty of books ive stored away in a box in the garage and there's been a few i just keep in the shelf. TWOT is the kind i'm just going to keep in the shelf

Same here.. The entire collection will always be on my book shelf.. I've already made 8 of my close friends read the series and they are hooked. Ill keep advocating the series to all book lovers and build the WOT community... 

Let us ride again on the winds of time... It will be a beginning...

• Dispatch Estimate Wednesday 9 Jan 2013

Delivery estimate Saturday 12 Jan 2013 - Monday 21 Jan 2013

Dispatching Soon

Ugh....

I really hope it arrives by the start of next week. :<

Happy reading to everyone who will get it this week ^_^

I've already made 8 of my close friends read the series and they are hooked. Ill keep advocating the series to all book lovers and build the WOT community... 

Really? I've had two of my friends who are fantasy fans read the series, and one gave up on the series in Path of Daggers because the story was going nowhere; the other gave up The Shadow Rising because it was "too slow." I generally tell people to read up through LoC and then just read the chapter summaries before going back into reading Sanderson's books; at least that way I know they'll actually not lose interest and wander off.

To be honest, if it wasn't for the fact that I got really tied in to rasfw-rj in 1997-1999 I probably would have given up on the series years ago, but now it's just kind of inertia that I have to see it through to the end.

I've already made 8 of my close friends read the series and they are hooked. Ill keep advocating the series to all book lovers and build the WOT community... 

Really? I've had two of my friends who are fantasy fans read the series, and one gave up on the series in Path of Daggers because the story was going nowhere; the other gave up The Shadow Rising because it was "too slow." I generally tell people to read up through LoC and then just read the chapter summaries before going back into reading Sanderson's books; at least that way I know they'll actually not lose interest and wander off.

To be honest, if it wasn't for the fact that I got really tied in to rasfw-rj in 1997-1999 I probably would have given up on the series years ago, but now it's just kind of inertia that I have to see it through to the end.

The Shadow Rising was my favorite book of the series, while Path of Daggers was my least favorite.  I still really like the series though. 

I would say I'm directly responsible for about 7 or 8 people reading the series and I know some of them have also gotten others to read it as well.  I don't know how far it branches out from there. 

Well my book is on its way ... It's somewhere in the state. I was hoping it might come today, but Amazon shipped it via SmartPost, and no updates indicate that it's out for delivery. I'm somewhat glad I didn't get it Friday or Saturday .. I had a fun weekend, and finished through aCoS on my frantic re-read. I know I won't make it through the rest of the series before aMoL gets here.. And while I'm sad about that, re-reads will have a new, special place in my heart with the series concluded. 

I am impatient as heck though. I've gone to the full spoiler board and read the titles of the threads. I don't know how I've kept myself from clicking on them, but I have restraint. I remember accidentally spoiling Egwene outing Sheriam as BA while reading about Sheriam on wot wiki. I was only a couple chapters away from it, too!

I'm excited to see how this all comes together, and nervous for the ending, but it's only a matter of time now!

an exam on the 8th? that's very strange timing. The classes at UofT start today and I'll be very busy teaching all this week. I'm still upset AMOL was not released 5 or 6 days earlier so that I could read it at ease during the break.

I am impatient as heck though. I've gone to the full spoiler board and read the titles of the threads. I don't know how I've kept myself from clicking on them, but I have restraint.

I've done the same thing. Its kinda sad, but I will be reading this book all day tomorrow.

Also, how do you have an exam tomorrow. I'm still on break

Its 5 o'clock in the morning... Between starving, not being able to sleep and cramps - I have still spent most of the night being too excited to sleep. Next time doc wants lab tests, he can kiss my...

Anyway I got 2 hours till I need to wake up and bout another 2 hours till I have the book in my hands. After years of waiting I'll be able to finish the series and everything should be set for reading marathon.

The excitement is ridiculous, I actually have been cleaning around the house tonight, maybe I can sleep hour or two before I gotta get up. I wonder how I deal with sleeping as I'm pretty sure 900 pages to much w/o sleeping to finish after not sleeping too well, granted I'll skip to chapter 3 having read all pre-release material.

I've been off work due to disability (spinal surgery) from 8/17/12 till......... 1/8/13!  Ahhhhhh.  My book is in and I can pick it up tomorrow but I return to full time work on 1/9/13!

I am devastated as well.  I just came to the series about 2 years ago.  I'm hoping against hope that maybe there will be a pre-quel.... the 20 years Moiraine and Lan were searching for Rand and to include Tam's story.

For ToM, I decided to order the book online, but cheaped out on the delivery, thinking I could easily wait the extra 2-3 days. Turns out though, it took a week to get here, and while I waited, I noticed no less than 5 copies of ToM in my local book store.

So this time, I decied to ask the book store to order me a copy. They told me that they would get several copies of the book for Jan 8th anyway, but they'd reserve me a copy. Today, at opening hours, the lady at the counter told me they had not received my book, but she'd check why it was not here, and when I could expect it, and call me later on.

I just got off the phone with the bookstore lady, who told me they couldn't order the book, untill the supplier changed the books status from "expected jan. 8th" to "in stock", which they hadn't done yet.

So now, I've ordered my book online, spending more money on having it delivered tomorrow night, than I did on the actual book.

This is why bookstores are dying out.

I'm so stoked. It feels like a holiday. 

Here's to you, Mr. Jordan. Your vision finally realized. And to you, Mr. Sanderson, for realizing it. 

I don't know if I've ever waited for something so long in the making. Granted, I didn't catch up on the series until a couple months ago, but I first read EotW when I was a freshman in high school (a long time ago. I'm 30 now). 

Archived