DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Guess it's time to say hello

Isaboe

I have always been an avid reader as is my husband.  5 of my children are as well.  I got into fantasy a few years ago when my youngest son kept laughing at the antics in the Sword of Truth series.  Some of the quotes caught my attention so I read the entire series.  As I was reading that one, another of my sons said, "Hey ma!  You'd love the gals in this series!"  He was talking about Aes Sedai.  I was off an running again.  It is by far my favorite fantasy series.  I've read the Legend of Drizzt, Riftwar Saga and started in on Modesitt's Recluse. So far, WoT is the only series I've read multiple times, naturally rereading before each new book comes out. 

The thing I find most fascinating is that each read through shows me something that I missed the first time around...there is just so much depth that while I'm paying attention to one thing, something else just slips right by me.

One of my other sons has started reading the series, he just has to know what it is we've been talking about all this time.  He's on book 4 and my poor husband just sighs when we get together because talk is mainly about where my son is in the books and other general WoT talk.

I look forward to spending a lot of time on the forum and possible getting into the RP aspect.

Hi Isaboe!  Welcome to Dragonmount.  Hope you are enjoying yourself!  I know you already joined the White Tower Group, but would also recommend you check out some of the others.  You'll meet a lot of great people there.  Thinking about getting into RP here too huh? It is a lot of fun.  I'm pretty new at it though, but enjoy it alot.

Thanks for the welcome Kronos.  I am indeed looking forward to doing some RP, soon I hope.  I have dug out my copy of "The World of Robert Jordan's Wheel of Time" to do some research on my character.  I have decided on what I want to do and am now working on a bio and some background story.  I am almost hesitant to start listening to the last book on Tuesday because I know it's the last one and it'll all be over.  I think that's what drew me to DM; I don't want it to BE over and here it won't.  It will continue on as long as there are people here who are just as much in love with the world that Robert Jordan as I am.

Archived