DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

The Ask Kathana Anything Thread!

JenniferL

Since Fader asked about this recently, here we go again.

This thread is for you to ask me questions and receive answers. You can ask me about DM history, WoT trivia, my personal life, or bizarre trivia. Your questions my be silly or serious, and my answers may be silly or serious. I'll keep answering until I get bored or you run out of questions.

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply
What would it take to make you leave DM forever?

This is a hard one. For awhile' date=' I thought my job was going to force me out. But I've cut myself down to about 50-55 hours a week, instead of the 60-70 I did last year and all of a sudden, DM seems like a fun hobby again, instead just one more obligation I was failing to live up to. Maybe a baby would force me to leave, but I think its more likely I'd just delegate out even more of my responsibilities and keep going.

I don't think there really is anything that would force me to leave completely. I could see myself retiring from all my official duties and just working on whatever interested me that I could do on my own schedule, but I don't think I could actually leave.

How many different message boards (counting all subforums as 1, and blogs you regularly comment on as boards) do you post on?

Do you mean here at DM? Or in general?

At DM I regularly post on three staff forums, New Members, General Discussion, the public Seanchan board, the public WT board, and I try to be active on all the Ajah forums hosted here at DM. I'm also trying to be active on the Illuminators' forums. I'm not officially a member of any Org, but the WT, however. I also make regular stops by both book discussion forums here and I'll randomly read RPs posted on this site, if I'm bored. I don't comment on any of the blogs we host, mainly because so many of the comments posted there make me want to set myself on fire.

Outside of DM, I'm a moderator at pointlesswasteoftime.com. I don't have a specific set of duties there, though. I don't spend nearly enough time there to really justify having additional responsibility, but the owners seem to like me. I also post semi-regularly at jaypinkerton.com and I'm an occasional poster at www.televisionwithoutpity.com. I keep a LiveJournal, which I try to update at least twice a week and I try to comment on my friends' journals. I generally don't comment on journals kept by people I don't know.

What is your favorite thing to do in your free time?

Waste my time on the internet? I also read. I read a newspaper daily' date=' TIME magazine, Entertainment Weekly and Cracked. I watch alot of movies with my husband. I don't read many books anymore, but I'm trying to remedy that. If I'm not teaching, I play Civilization 4 and name all my cities after WoT capitals. I will also accuse Isabella and Catherine the Great of being lesbians.

Can you hand me that pen over there?

Get it yourself, you lazy schuck!

If you were given some string' date=' some coloured paper and a paper clip what would you do with it?[/quote']

I would make a paper airplane with the paper and the clip. I would lay the string down on the ground to make a starting line, then I would have a paper airplane throwing contest with myself.

What is your quest?

I don't really have a quest right now. I'm on vacation and I'm absolutely loving it. I think I've gotten enough housework done that I can play Civ4 tomorow guilt free.

What is the opitmal number of pokidots for a green tie with pink pokidots?

I'd say zero, assuming that you meant "polka dots".

I think arguing canon about a TV show based on robots from space that turn into cars is sort of silly.

However, if you are going to adapt something, you need to be faithful to the source material. Don't make changes just for the sake of changes. X-men changed the costumes for its characters because spandex looks sort of silly on most everyone and it made sense for them to wear some sort of uniform. I really don't see a good reason why Optimus Prime needs purple flames painted on him though.

But I'm far more disturbed that Micheal Bay is directing. No amount of purple flames will erase that stain.

Archived