DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Questions for Sanderson and/or Harriet

Naked~Frog

If you have any questions for Brandon Sanderson and/or Harriet post them here. I can ask them for you when I meet them at the signing and go out to dinner with them on the 8th.

You can also pm me your questions, which will be easier for me to check. I'll check Dragonmount at night on the 7th. Will be meeting him on the 8th. If there is anything you've been dying to have asked please let me know.

They already made a memory deal with Universal Studios who owns the rights to make a Wheel of Time movie.

I'd rather not ask about locations of events, I've gotten a lot of questions in and I'm trying to keep them about the wheel and authors. Events planned can be found on Sanderson's website.

I'll be on again later tonight to talk to you all more.

1) Is a release of source materials in an encyclopedic format going to come out?

2)  Is the world of The Wheel of Time now to be an 'official' dead world, with no new published works to be done

In answer to your first question, Harriet and the rest of team Jordan are working on a Wheel of Time Encyclopedia :)

I know I am a bit late with this question. If you see it before you are meeting with Sanderson and Harriet then great and if not then I am sure you have more then enough questions from others already.

I was wondering if Sanderson has been inspired by the Wheel of Time magick system and if he will use that inspiration for future works of his own. I am not asking if he will copy the system but if he have gotten inspiration from it so we might see similar systems from him in the future?

I've seen your question, checking for them now. I'm going to ask him if I can film him answering questions and I really hope he lets me. I got a TON of questions from people and I don;t want to let anyone down.

We missed out on Lunch with them because they arrived late. We have a video of Q & A from Harriet but I didn't partake cause I was nervous and wanted to wait and ask after but it went longer than expected and she was too tired at that point.

People asked Sanderson questions as they went through line and I overheard a number of answers. I'll see which questions in this thread I can answer...

Questions about future signing locations can be found on Sanderson's website : brandonsanderson.com

"When is someone going to make a new WOT video game? :( "
All I know is that the rights to WoT computer games goes to Red Eagle entertainment. Sorry

"Unless stated in aMoL, what is the source of Mat's luck."
When asked questions like that he'd just say "If you don't find out I'll tell you." He couldn't give spoilers even to say what was and wasn't in the book.

"1) Is a release of source materials in an encyclopedic format going to come out?

2)  Is the world of The Wheel of Time now to be an 'official' dead world, with no new published works to be done"
- Yes, the encyclepedia was started by Harriet while Jordan was writing the Eye of the World. It was their character and location reference to keep track of everything. She is working with two others to smooth it out enough for release. She is hoping to have it out next year.
- Yes, Harriet feels like it wouldn't be respectful to Jordan since he expressed his wishes to finish the series upon hearing he was terminal but not for wanting others to write any of his other stories.

"Since Rand makes stuff more fertile (examples is making things grow - apples, roses, etc..), is this why Avienda will get pregnant with 4 at once - because Rand makes everything more fertile?"
"If you had to cut one storyline from the series, what would you cut?"

I did not get a chance to ask these but I can send it to someone else who will be at a later event.

"I was wondering if Sanderson has been inspired by the Wheel of Time magick system and if he will use that inspiration for future works of his own. I am not asking if he will copy the system but if he have gotten inspiration from it so we might see similar systems from him in the future?"
I didn't get a chance to ask him. I think he'd be worried about seeming like he was plagerizing but this question I will also send on.

"Will there be a James Oliver Rigney, Jr. Biography? I'd love to read an in-depth story of his life."
No, Harriet said there would be no more books on these things than the encyclepedia. She also talked about him a great deal though and so did their friend who I was chatting with, maybe I can answer some of your questions about him?

"Well, I just had a question not to be asked by Harriet or Brandon, but in general as to what to expect when I go to the book signing here in Philadelphia. This will be the first time I have ever gone to a signing of any sort and I just wanted to know if I should get there early and how to prepare."

At ours they had a limit of three books to be signed each time you go through the line. We had a Q&A for Harriet because Sanderson was running late but I don't know that all will have them.

The first signing had over 1,000 people and ours about 500. I'd reccomend going early to get your vouchers or you'll be there all night.

"Where and when can we see a transcript of the Q&A?"
Right now I'm just posting them to the people who asked them. Probably would have been smarter to post it all in one thread and link it back though... Oh well. I can do that later if I need to.

"Where and when can we see a transcript of the Q&A?"

Right now I'm just posting them to the people who asked them. Probably would have been smarter to post it all in one thread and link it back though... Oh well. I can do that later if I need to.

You're efforts are more than appreciated by me, that's for sure. Thank You!!!!

Archived