DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

What do you NEED to happen in A Memory of Light?

Atheose

I would say one of the things on the top of my list is that Rand needs to die. And stay dead. And not be easily accessible through TAR. He can resurrect all he wants during the story, but at the end he needs to be dead.

Partially I want this simply because to do anything less is just too much of a happy ending.

But also because Rand's polygamous ways really only make sense if he dies. I think Jordan tried to walk the line between a genuinely likable, decent guy for a main character, while also touching on the very prescient fact that most great men in history have been like a stud horse, siring many children from many women.

Having half a dozen or more children from three different women makes sense if you are looking at it from a future kingdom, bloodlines, ruler, and/or influence type of way. As Rand being an at home daddy to 3 sets of kids from different women? Not so much.

Other then that, there's a lot of little things I need. I need to know more about Verin's letters! I need to know what the deal was with Nakomi! I need to know how all these prophecies fit together to make a coherent story! And I need Perrin to be just as badass in aMoL as he was in ToM. Give me a couple of scenes with Perrin bashing the hell out of things with Mah-Hammer and I will be glad.

Agreed about Perrin.

I also agree that Rand needs to die and stay dead IF there is not flattening of time (or some sort of split of reality in three), each of which are probably nearing deus ex mach territory far too much to be viable, but something I'm going to hold onto until the bitter end...which isn't far away, thank the light.

I need the female Aes Sedai, the forsaken, the Aiel and 95% of the rulers (especially Fortuna) to understand that their customs and behaviours aren't necessarily the only way to do things.

Every time I read the Aiel considering how they have been insulted by someone, or the Aes Sedai manipulating people I ask "why do you never consider that it might be you doing the insulting?".

Only Rand, Perrin, Mat, Moraine, Nynaeve and Androl ever actually act through need rather than their own agenda - how far have the dedicated Aiel and the 'Servants of all' fallen?

I want some of the people fighting on the side of the Great Lord, be allowed a chance to shine. Have them actually defeat/kill some of the main or midtier heroes of the light... and have this happen in scenes where it looks like the heroes will win. It is never fun when then 'villains' are always treated just as villains. I'm not talking about giving the antagonists any form of redemption or 'sobstory', I just want the story to not conveniently make them lose.

I just hope the encounter between Demandred and Rand (Lews Therin) lives up to my imagination. I mean it shouldn't turn out to be anti-climatic after all this wait... Just hope Brandon did not have to rush through that scene because of the size of the book or something...

BTW i'm assuming that Rand will kill Demandred. I know a lot of people have their bets on Mat but I think Rand vs Demandred would be more awesome :D

Archived