A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Best line/quote from a fantasy/sci-fi book

Ozzie_aiel

Quite fond of the Heavies quote in my signature 

A couple from WoT that I really like as well (paraphrasing a bit) :biggrin:

"Kneel and swear to the Lord Dragon... or be knelt" - Mazrim Taim

"He just needed killing is all" - Rand

and probably my favourite WoT quote of them all:

"...And despite what she did to him, ruined as he was, he managed to hang on to life, hang on to saidin, long enough for Daigian to drive her off. So you remember his name! Eben Hopwil. He fought for his Aes Sedai long after he should have been dead!" - Jahar Narishma

Edit: I'll post more as I think of them

From Wot:

Life is a dream

Trust no-one yourself, and yourself only half the time

Take what you want and pay for it

From other stories:

Its cut your throat before reading and no horses#!t (A civil campaign - Vorkosigan Series)

I like big boats and I cannot lie (Dragonage 2)

The Collectors killed you and all it did was piss you off (Mass Effect 2)

"There is no curse in Elvish, Entish, or the tongues of Men for this treachery." (Treebeard, expressing a mild desire to give Saruman a jolly good talking-to, and maybe even a light spanking.)  I particularly like the way it is said by Rob Inglis in the audio version.

Also from LotR: "A cage. To stay behind bars until use and old age accept them and all chance of valor has gone beyond beyond recall or desire." (Eowyn, on the point of despair, describing her greatest fear.)

"Rincewind had been generally reckoned by his tutors to be a natural wizard in the same way that fish are natural mountaineers."  (Early Terry Pratchett, when he didn't take himself quite so seriously.)

Archived