DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

If you could visit the Finns like Mat......

bigdoug1971

I have to say the same as Sid, knowing what I know from reading the series I probably would not take the risk. It would be tempting to ask for fantasy book level magical abilities and immortality and I might be tempted enough to go see the Finns for that, however I would also think that the chances that I would get what I wanted and not end up dead or wishing I was would be rather slim and that really there would be better ways to go about things than the Finns, especially since if I had read the books and was contemplating visiting the Finns that would mean I would be hopping dimensions and I would go to another fantasy setting and find someone less dangerous to give me what I wanted. If I where a person living in the Wheel of Time world probably go for it as I would not know all the dangers.

We live in a world with Google and Wikipedia, so the Snakes hardly seem worth it.

The Foxes offer a more appealing deal, but they aren't genie. Or at least, what they gave Mat suggests they aren't. If they could grant Incredible Cosmic Power it might be worth it, but I don't think they can. And it seems much, much harder to get out of a meeting alive with them then the Snakes.

We live in a world with Google and Wikipedia, so the Snakes hardly seem worth it.

Google and Wikipedia can tell you your future? I have to inform every Tarot reader I know that they will soon be out of a job. :P

The Foxes offer a more appealing deal, but they aren't genie. Or at least, what they gave Mat suggests they aren't. If they could grant Incredible Cosmic Power it might be worth it, but I don't think they can. And it seems much, much harder to get out of a meeting alive with them then the Snakes.

Yes this sort of ties in to the whole knowing what someone who have read the series knows it do not seam worth it, but if you where a uninformed person living in the WoT world who thought they could grant any wish...that might be a bit more tempting.

I certainly wouldn't ask them to make me slim. Knowing how twisted they are they may simply cut off all excess flesh.

Have you ever read the Stephen King book Thinner? Or seen the movie? It is about an man who pisses of a old sorcerer, never do that, and the man curses him using only one word, thinner. It is a fun little story and that might be what would happen if one ask the Finns to make you thin. :P

Archived