DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

NPR A Memory of Light Excerpt - "A Dangerous Place"

sfinbar

We find out who traveled to Shara with their father...

"Perhaps that is wise," Mezar replied. "Yet you go out into it. Why not stay where it is warm? Nalaam, I should like to hear one of your stories. Perhaps you could tell me of the time your father and you visited Shara?"

I'm just starting to worry how crammed together "everything" will be considering the buildup and slow start from what we've seen. I get that they aren't going to give us any big spoilers or action in these free previews and I'm greatful for the teasers but I hope things start to pick up early in the book. There's a lot of repetition so far.

Neat. Not a whole lot happening, true, but still good to have more than a couple of sentences together.

I need to do a re-read, once I'm done with AMoL, and see whether the beginning feels natural when read in sequence. Right now, I get the feeling these snippets were designed as preview material ("next week, when we return with the BT...")

Anyone else think Androl was going to open a gateway in someone's chest? Can't wait for that particular deathgate....

yes, that's what I was thinking too. He clearly tried to use it as a weapon  so what else could he have been trying to do? he doesn't know the deathgate weave that Rand used in KoD but he can try to make a small gateway on top of somebody. He did use gateways creatively in "Working Leather".

oh wow thanks for this!

Is this the entirety of Chapter 3 or a part of it?

Anyways, was an interesting read.

wondering the same thing. the article does mention it being an excerpt

It's just the first scene of Chapter 3 - this is from Brandon's Facebook posting:

NPR has put up the first scene of chapter 3 of A MEMORY OF LIGHT. 10 days to go! http://t.co/6fu1EMvn

You know, I used to dislike Androl for some reason, but I'm starting to get behind him. Also, I like the sense of despair in the BT storyline, it's very...fitting, I can feel the, well the best word I can think of is a french one is 'angoisse' which is like dread but isn't quite right.

I's about (forgive the cliche term) power dynamics and how the side on the ascendance is preening around...that's pretty close to how things work in real life both in workplaces and schools. Also, why don't Taim & crew just disappear Androl? I mean he has to be identified at this point as a focus point of the resistance to their rule, just get him out of the way. Hopefully it doesn't turn out to be a version of the 'villain speechifying' symptom.

Archived