DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Finished my re-read to early... Now what?

Valley of Death

So i finished my re-read way too early. Got caught up in the Wheel of Time and finished a week ago. I've gone back and read some of my favorite chapters cause I was bored. I read the prologue and listened to chapter two and read mats excerpt. Now I have nothing to read for the next week and a half. I don't want to re-read By Grace and Banners Fallen because I want to read the whole aMoL and don't want to skip the prologue when i read it.

Anyone else fail in their attempt to time your re-read perfectly with the release of aMoL?

Yep I am 4 books behind..

But have skipped to TOM in a desperate attempt to keep afloat of things..

And my advice to yo, would be to read every single theory on this forum, then the whole of 13th depository and Theoryland and the Interview database and whatever else you can get your hands on online.. now that should keep you busy enough :)

And my advice to yo, would be to read every single theory on this forum, then the whole of 13th depository and Theoryland and the Interview database and whatever else you can get your hands on online.. now that should keep you busy enough :)

haha this is me i had to skip cot and am nearing the end of tgs need to hurry!

I wanted to make sure I had a buffer--I didn't want to be reading TOM on Jan. 8. Wikipedia says The Wheel of Time was partly inspired by War and Peace, so I decided I would finally read a little Tolstoy. Now I don't think I'm going to finish that by Jan. 8 :/

Heh, the failure on your part was assuming that there was such a thing as "a little Tolstoy". War and Peace is a huge book (comparatively), I haven't been able to make it through the first couple hundred pages yet.

Yeah, I am about 200 pages into A Crown of Swords....I am so screwed. I was really hoping to get through a reread since I failed for TGS and TOM and this may be the last full reread I ever do. I even started in Oct. I think. But I am a bit of a slow reader and a completionist. I don't skim and I don't speed read. I generally look for new meaning on every reread. Which can be very good for a series like WoT, but also really bad when you're trying to hack through nearly 4 million words.

haha this is me i had to skip cot and am nearing the end of tgs need to hurry!

That's another one of my problems.

First off, my dumb ass seems to be stuck in pre-Brandon WoT where getting past LoC means your over the hump(at least in sheer volume). I am still a little puzzled that I am on book 7, and am barely halfway through the series. I just didn't figure TGS and TOM very well into my reread. And I would like to reread them because I did like them so much.

My other problem is that I keep skipping theses later books, and so I have almost no memory of them. I got to the beginning of book 9 on my TGS reread, and then only into LoC on my TOM reread. I don't even remember the last time I read CoT. I think I reread it before KoD, but it's been so long I can't even remember.

Oh well...*grumble grumble* *Goes back to reading aCoS*

Archived