DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

New Joiner - Helloo!!

futureliveshere

Hello folks..

Glad to be here, I have been a HUGE fan of the series for like.. forever.. and now just before it is ending I have finally decided to sign up and create an account after lurking for a while. Recently moved to Singapore from New York. While it is lovely out here.. booming economy and a great base for all the scuba diving I do, it is a bit cut off from WoT activities and fandom (anyone listening out there?)

Now that the series has almost ended I also need some place where I can come and discuss the series and anything new to think about which I have missed in the previous books... Looking forward to being a part of the discussion when AMOL is finally released... Ooh!! Cant.Wait!!

Anyone know why the eBook version is releasing after such a long time gap from the hardbound version? Aargh!! I want my eBook. Also any idea if the hardcover version will be available in Singapore right away or will I have to order from the US (and pay the outrageous shipping)?

Oooh Boopsie will be so happy to have someone else from Singapore on here!

Not too sure about publication dates, though we are supposed to have the book available here in stores in South Africa on publication date. If we have them here, then it seems not too far fetched that somewhere more civilised, like Singapore, would also have them ... lol

Boopsie would be Wayward_fool, one of your Blue Aes Sedai :)

I think the E-versions come out later because they try and encourage people to buy the book version? But I'm just speculating wildly ... lol

Yeah forgot to say Boopsie is a guy ... lol ... we have female Warders and male Aes Sedai too :)

And damn ... I've gone to Facebook 3 times today to ask Boopsie if he knows about the release date, and I keep forgetting to once I'm there! *tries again*

Hey future!  Welcome to DM, it seems like you would love the general wheel of time discussion boards, but I would also encourage you to look at the social groups and mafia games!  Also, if you like roleplaying, there are some great RP boards at DM as well.  Hope you like it here!

Wow. Thanks guys for the responses and in advance to Boopsie for trying to locate AMOL in Singapore. Apologies to the Boopsie for the gender bender. Now that the taint is cleaned there is no reason why there shouldn't be male Aes Sedai.

Thanks Rand (damn how did you get that name) for the suggestions. Will check out the site and dive into all the sections (there goes my weekend). :D

Oh don't worry about the gender bender - we get it all the time. Tigsy (our Yellow Head) even has something about it in his sig *grins*

Oh yeah shout if you have any questions, or you get lost! This place can be huge and confusing ... lol

Hello. I'M Boopsy. I'm having major issues with the site coz it's not loading text boxes properly for me. So I end up with lots of typos and suchlike. Anyway, nice to meet you. I assume you're not actually local or even Asia? I am Malaysian Chinese but I live in Singapore. A Place called Choa Chu Kang.

Anyway, i have no idea when the book is released but I'll check. It's not like I get any more infortaion than you do... but yeah. I'm in Malaysia now for the holidays Maybe we can hang out when I'm back or something.

Sorry again for typos. DM is not being nice at the moment.

Hi Boopsie. So called up Kinokuniya today and they confirmed that they are getting copies of AMOL on 8th Jan. Wohoo!!!

Damn office. I just know my next week is going to be crap at work while I try and read all through the nights. Maybe I should just take a break all week and go underground. :)

Regarding the eBook publication date, I read on Brandon's site (I think that's where, could have been FB or a Tweet or maybe carrier pigeon, but I remember reading it somewhere): the delay is because Harriet still has misgivings regarding the security of eBooks and the potential for piracy. Delaying it by 3 months will make sure that initial sales of the book will not be impacted by that. I"m just glad the audiobook didn't get delayed. Michael Kramer, Kate Reading and I have a date next Tuesday. :) Geeked beyond belief.

I'm with you dj!  I just love the audiobooks and MK and KR do an awesome job of it.  I preordered the book in hardcover and audio format so I'll definitely be good to go.  I do so love how MK makes Mat come alive.

Hey dj and isaboe thanks for your comments. It's either print or ebook for me. I can only do audio book for relatively lighter books. I prefer reading involved stories with complex plot lines.

Sigh. Harriet will probably find a lot more piracy happening because of the long delay but as I read somewhere else, it is her decision and we have to live by it.

Since I know the book will be available here in Singapore on Jan 8th I am much more sanguine about it. Sad I can't attend the NYC party or a signing event though. Tht would have been the icing on the cake.

I do a lot of needlework and I like to have something to listen to while I'm doing it, multitasking is the way to go!  My son is like you though, he says after a short time it's more background noise than anything.

Yes! I read Brandon somewhere say when speaking about getting MK for the Mistborne books, that it was wierd at first because he was Rand in his head. My thought was, no, he's Mat! Actually, he's so good at putting himself into any character (even the female non POV characters).

Archived