DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Prologue Through to the End of Chapter 3

Luckers

Don't ban me for this joke, but...

Wow, chapter 3 was a great chapter!

I really liked that paragraph in Chapter 3, the one just after the one where Androl says that he's going to rescue him tonight. It didn't seem like an important paragraph at first glance, but now I think there's a clue in that paragraph somewhere about something that's going to happen later. I can't quite remember what it was though. But we should all analyse that paragraph now and post our thoughts about what it means. Well, I think it was that paragraph, it might have been one of the following couple of paragraphs, I don't remember exactly. But it was something near the start of that scene. I think we should discuss it.

May the light forgive me. ;-)

OK, I have a tiny amount of information about what happens next (after the Chapter 3 excerpt)...

It then switches to Rand al Thor's POV, before coming back to Pevara Sedai's POV. (Either that, or it continues Androl's POV for another scene first, but I think Brandon uses "scene" to mean POV).

I know it's not much, but it's a start.

I know people have been posting here jokingly but my post has real spoilers for scenes 2of3(Rand) and 3of3(Pevara) of Chapter 3.

In terms of content, haven't spotted anything new worthy of discussion in the 2nd POV of Chapter 2 (Rand). Were all the Aiel customs correct?

In the 3rd POV of Chapter 3, I think the Pevara POV was generally quite good. I wonder if the captives they now have will divulge anything? If they have been turned with the 13x13, can they still be coerced? I don't think with this new info that we can build/confirm/deny any new theories though.

Something really, really minor:"it has the room shaking" that Pevara says on p.126, is that proper English? If so, does it matter (she has just been attacked)?

I thought you didn't have the book yet.

How spoilerish are your spoilers? Worth reading if we've only read the first POV?

BTW, who's been using Balefire around the other forum? Some threads seem to have not just been cut, but removed from the past. I'd guess about a day's worth of Balefire. My humour isn't that bad, is it? I didn't post any spoilers. I did however post an important warning about spoilers.

I thought you didn't have the book yet.

How spoilerish are your spoilers? Worth reading if we've only read the first POV?

BTW, who's been using Balefire around the other forum? Some threads seem to have not just been cut, but removed from the past. I'd guess about a day's worth of Balefire. My humour isn't that bad, is it? I didn't post any spoilers. I did however post an important warning about spoilers.

That would be me. Check your pm's. There's a warning therein that will explain why I removed your thread.

Should have gone through, it was basically just saying that yes, even posting which pov is next in chapter three is concidered unrealesed spoiler and not allowed on the Pre-Release board (or any other board but this one). Sorry if that seems strict.

Oh, OK. Well, I didn't consider that a spoiler. You'll notice I didn't mention there (even though I did here) which POV came after that POV though. Since it's theoretically possible, even though it's extremely unlikely, that

Pevara could have died during Rand's POV.

, or that people might not want to know whose POV comes next until they've read the current one. But I don't think the bit people are currently up to spoils anything. Anyway, I won't post anything outside those excerpts or Memories in the other board anymore.

Well, have just got to the end of Chapter 3, and there I will be leaving it for the night.  Probably.

Since I was in the middle of a re-read, I was a good boy and didn't read any of the pre-release material.  Spoilers, I was happy with; I just didn't want to read prose that would interfere with my re-read.

Happy so far.  It seems to me that I "hear" Sanderson more clearly in this book than in the last two.  I don't think that is necessarily a bad thing (and for all I know it could be a delusion and the Prologue plus the first three chapters are pure Jordan).

Am curious about precisely when Egwene changed her mind about the seals.  I've only just finished ToM and it seems to me that she was completely against the breaking of the seals.  Now we learn that she is merely undecided and needing to be convinced.  When did she have a change of heart?

I didn't read any of the pre-release stuff either, and I'm now only through the first 3 chapters. Egwene's seeming change of heart was the big thing that stuck out to me. Maybe she's being Taverened now that she's in the same camp as Rand? I'm strongly in the hate Egwene camp, so it was weird to me to see her being relatively reasonable.

Archived