DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

New MAFO's

Luckers

No, I was talking about the attack in Camelyn, I think, when Fain and the Whitecloaks attacked Rand's group and a woman was killed. Rand hanged them and made the watcher watch them die. I can't remember if it was Fain's group, but I kind of thought so.

I know Demira was a different incident. Thanks for clearing that up Sut, I couldn't remember if the eye colourings were mentioned.

Ahh ok, LoC-26.

Yeah, it's generally accepted that those Whitecloaks were Fain's as well. The one that Rand didn't hang, to send a message back to Naill, had a filthy cloak. A pretty good clue.

7 died total and it was in Caemlyn.

But wouldn't Whitecloaks simply kill an Aes Sedai? A dead Sister killed by supposed Aiel would drive a wedge between Rand and Aes Sedai, and Whitecloaks aren't known for letting "witches" go if they can help it. They aren't known for subtlety either, I have serious doubts they could successfully wear a disguise of any sort.

I always thought it was Taim, but Verin is a logocal choice as well. Those two have the only real reason to keep Demira alive. Unless Rands taveren-ness led to a small group of Dragonsworn decide to scare the Aes Sedai away, but once again it's too subtle from what we expect from Dragonsworn.

But wouldn't Whitecloaks simply kill an Aes Sedai? A dead Sister killed by supposed Aiel would drive a wedge between Rand and Aes Sedai, and Whitecloaks aren't known for letting "witches" go if they can help it. They aren't known for subtlety either, I have serious doubts they could successfully wear a disguise of any sort.

thier not really whitecloaks anymore, they are more thugs that are so afraid of fain they don't dream of betrayal or failure

@ Durinax

I doubt Fain would care one way or the other if Aes Sedai were killed. In fact I'm fairly sure he would kill they entire Embassy on the off chance it would discomfort Rand. Or meet with Mesaana and crew and use his powers to turn them against Rand.

@ Theodril

I agree, Fain has been the most successful villain in the series. The peddler has been running circles around the Chosen, but have serious doubts this is his handywork. Fain's MO is subtle manipulation followed by deadly violence

Archived