DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Hey guys!

Arran

Hello everyone, I'm Arran! (I'm surprised this username wasn't taken) I've known of this website for some time now, so I think it's about time that I join in with the fandom!

I'm from England in the UK and I'm 21 years old, I play guitar and piano and I have just finished a music production course at Music College.

I hope to be here for quite some time as I love discussing The Wheel of Time, and I eagerly await the final installment in the series, as I'm sure you all do too!

I'm looking forward to meeting new people and making new friends!

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Why helloooo :smile: *dumps a bucket of paint on his head* Glad to have you join us :) Welcomsies to Dm. Be sure to looksies at the Social Groups cuz that's where most of us hang out. There are the discussion forums and rp forums as well if your interested in that sort of thing too.

Oh sweet! Sounds like I'll end up lurking there quite a lot of the time!

I honestly don't think I could pick a favourite! Rand is probably an obvious one, if only for the way his character changes throughout the course of the series. Like in EotW and tGH he's still a young and naive farmboy, then in tDR and tSR it's like he's on some personal mission to prove to the world that he really is The Dragon Reborn. Then by the time tGS comes around he has no friends and everybody hates him, then one book later he starts speaking like he's Gandhi or some nonsense.

But I've always enjoyed Perrin's "do what you must" attitude, he just gets on with life, rarely complaining. Which is quite the opposite to Mat, who only fights in battles and gets caught up in politics because he feels like he's in the wrong place at the wrong time. Although this seems to have changed since early on in the series. Like he only killed Couladin because he ran into him on the battlefield, whereas the events at the end of ToM were his main priority and he actually persued that goal.

I apologise for the rambling. :rolleyes:

Oh don't, rambling is common and welcome here :P almost all the time :rolleyes: I competely agree with you about Rand. He's not my favorite character, but he's certainly the one I find most interesting due to his change throught the series. Looove Mat :biggrin: Perrin was one of my favorites until the whole deal of Faile being captured and everything.

Aaannyways I sleepy so Ima stop talking. Hope to see you around :smile:

I LOVE RAND

*coughs* Sorry.

Welcome Arran  :biggrin:

We're a pretty friendly bunch around here and it's always good to have someone else from Britain as the timezones get very confusing  :laugh:

Cyan is right, you should head over to the social groups where we have all kinds of chat. Hope you have fun love  :biggrin: See you out there!!

I think Rand is a character that we can all unaninimously agree that we like :P

Thank you for the kind welcome! Everyone I've seen on the forums has seemed very friendly, I swear it's the only forum I've been on that has zero hostility!

I'll go check out the social groups now and see what's going on :D

oh yeah, it's pretty cool in there but I'm trying to remain even-potential-spoiler free for AMOL.

I want to be shocked by every single thing. Then I'll go back and read the all the theories to see who was right  :tongue:

For some reason, everyone always knows I like Rand. :tongue:  Welcome Arran!  Im pretty sure Cyan already gave you the intro on whats in DM, but I would highly recommend the mafia games, they are enormously fun, and are really addictive. :smile:

Welcome, Arran! Here you will be able to make friends and immerse yourself in Randland!

Thank you! I'm definitely looking forward to meeting people who are just as crazy about the series as I am :)

Very Serious.

Okay, I shall take your word for it!

Rand, I am to call you Doggy. Please don't hurt me.

Archived