DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

aMOL Release Parties

Carnacarn

Might not be the right forum for this but I haven't seen anything elsewhere for this.

Tor announced this party in Manhattan:

http://www.tor.com/blogs/2012/12/announcing-the-party-reborn-a-midnight-a-memory-of-light-nyc-release-event

I was thinking of going to this one and meeting other fans of the series and celebrate the release of aMOL. Are a lot of you planning on going to any of these events or know of any other release parties? My dance card is assigned only to this book for that week and so far the above party is the only one I've seen/heard of.

Any inputs from the rest of you?

Just because it hasn't been mentioned yet (even though it's fairly obvious) there will be a midnight signing and stuff in Utah, it's posted at Brandon's website and it's the first stop on the official book tour.

As for myself, I'm going to the New York party. =D

Just because it hasn't been mentioned yet (even though it's fairly obvious) there will be a midnight signing and stuff in Utah, it's posted at Brandon's website and it's the first stop on the official book tour.

As for myself, I'm going to the New York party. =D

Do you have any links for people to look at the Utah signing?

And I'll be glad to see you in NY at the party

Sure, it's currently the second item on Brandon Sanderson's event page: http://brandonsanderson.com/events/

It's also the third item listed on his blog post about it: http://brandonsanderson.com/blog/1127/A-MEMORY-OF-LIGHT-Release-Events

(those links have the same info regarding the midnight release signing in Utah)

A MEMORY OF LIGHT Midnight Release, Provo, UT

Date: 01.07.13 Time: 9:00 am-4:00 am

Place: BYU Bookstore

Address: Wilkinson Student Center

Brigham Young University

Provo, UT 84602

Phone: (800) 253-2578

Type: Signing

schedule: At 12:00 a.m. on January 8th, I will be doing the world's first signing for A MEMORY OF LIGHT. Numbers 1–100 will be given out at this signing. (Though everyone who comes will get a numbered copy unless they run out of books.) All numbers will be given out in the ORDER YOU ARRIVE TO WAIT IN LINE IN. Let me make this clear. It doesn't matter how early you preorder. Numbers will be given out based on line order. Details follow.

Harriet McDougal, Robert Jordan's editor and wife, will also attend. However, she will most likely retire to her hotel before the release at midnight. More details will follow later.

See either of my above links for details on how and when to line up for your number.

I had originally planned on going to the Utah signing, but I ended up spending all the money I had saved for it on a recent move from California to Massachusetts... I'm glad there is a party in my new neck of the woods. =D See ya there, Carnacarn!

Here's another question, is anyone -dressing up- at the midnight parties? I have a tinker costume I threw together for a JordanCon....not the best, but it's something, heh. If I don't wear the costume, I'm wearing my As the Wheel Weaves shirt from Ta'veren Tees.

Brandon's site has a full list of book tour dates; not midnight release events. IIRC, he hasn't even mentioned the NY midnight release party on his blog. (Which is fine; he probably wants to avoid confusion regard his whereabouts.)

Leigh Butler who did the Tor reread is the guest of honor at the release in NY

I think $35 (or 34.99) is the retail price, from what I remember.

Indeed. Mine is on pre-order but I doubt there is a huge WoT fan community in my area. I saw a girl reading The Path of Daggers at the mall last week though, so at least I am not the only one looking forward to the book.

Archived