DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

the key to winning the last battle

jedman67

there is one character, introduced in the first book and seen throughout the series. shes steadfast and loyal to ber ais sedai, but her power is only hinted at.

as rand walks through the caverns at shayol gul, with his taaveren companions, it is the fourth taaveren who provides the crucial key.

1. nynyaeve channels callandor straight into the bore

2. she directs the flow to touch the dark one in order to begin the resealing.

3. rand, linked with nynyavae cannot channel, but as the true power meets the true source, the backlash begins once more

4. rand carefully guids bela into the pit of doom.

5. for the very first and last time, bela channels. its her channeling that provides the buffer and allows the dark one to be safely sealed without harm

the day is saved!

Ummmm. . . ?

We all know Bela is the DO, and when she gets sick and is turned into glue halfway through the book everything goes back to normal. Rand doesn't realize this, still takes an army to a battle where no darkfriends are awaiting battle, and half the population of Randland dies of starvation, disease and angry riots. Pretty sure Brandon has a quote that confirms all of that.

there is one character, introduced in the first book and seen throughout the series. shes steadfast and loyal to ber ais sedai, but her power is only hinted at.

as rand walks through the caverns at shayol gul, with his taaveren companions, it is the fourth taaveren who provides the crucial key.

3. rand, linked with nynyavae cannot channel, but as the true power meets the true source, the backlash begins once more

5. for the very first and last time, bela channels. its her channeling that provides the buffer and allows the dark one to be safely sealed without harm

the day is saved!

*Kneecaps jedman67*

Ummmm. . . ?

We all know Bela is the DO, and when she gets sick and is turned into glue halfway through the book everything goes back to normal. Rand doesn't realize this, still takes an army to a battle where no darkfriends are awaiting battle, and half the population of Randland dies of starvation, disease and angry riots. Pretty sure Brandon has a quote that confirms all of that.

*Kneecaps stgermaine*

Where is Mr Ares with the *kneecap* when you need him...

Right here, and worth waiting for.

the day is saved!

*Kneecaps jedman67*

Ummmm. . . ?

*Kneecaps stgermaine*

Where is Mr Ares with the *kneecap* when you need him...

Right here, and worth waiting for.

Owwww, wazzzat for?

It's a perfectly sound theory, I"ll have you know!  :tongue:

It's not the poor theorising I object to, it's the belief that jokes about that horse are funny. They're not. They're unimaginative, repetitive, a case of beating a dead mule, and a classic example of overplaying a joke to the point where it just isn't funny any more. Show a little bit of imagination. Put some effort in. Don't just treat us all to the same rubbish we've heard a million times before. Come on, the Last Book is coming. As the end draws near, the opportunities for WoT-based humour will fade. Come up with something special.

HI all...

I was listening to the 4th age podcast, one of the Towers of Midnight chapter reviews, and in an earlier podcast, the hosts were discussing if Rand would ever be able to discover a weave to raise the dead? 

It was stated that there is no precedent for being able to use the One Power to bring back the dead, yet prophesy says that Rand must die and live again (the eelfin?) 

I was struck by the first chapter of The Towers of Midnight where Rand makes the apples grow on trees that are dead.  If the tree was truly dead, then this may be the sign we have been waiting for. 

Maybe its not a weave or a construct that will allow Rand to die and live again, but the touch of the Creator and or the Light that will allow him to be in effect, "Born Again" temporarily. 

The wheel weaves as the wheel will... but we do have one positive example of "Zen Rand" affecting life and death...

I'd be interested in all your thoughts!

Thanks, Susan

Its not the first time we've seen this. In TEotW, Elaida had the Caemlyn palace gardens in full bloom while nothing else grew.

Maybe the trees weren't completely dead, or Healing plants is different to Healing animals.

Death is death, neither the Creator, Dark One or the Pattern itself can stop it. The Dark One can return their spirits into new host bodies, the Pattern can twist fate so badly to try and stop it happening but the only thing that can truly reverse death is balefire; basically damaging the fabric of reality itself.

I hope that something along the lines of Healing death doesn't happen in AMoL, it'd feel a bit like a cheats way out.

Great question Susan, its really made me think

Well, this thread is officially derailed.  Ozzie_aiel, I was pointing to chocolatefrogcards' post, but yours got in the way.  Then I didn't read the username on your apology post to confirm I was talking to the right guy.

Anyway, I think it is obvious what will happen.  Rand will hurl Fain into the bore, as a buffer... but where is Bela's Fain?  Cloud.  That's right.  Rand lost Cloud in Shadar Logoth. Cloud is tainted the same as Fain.  Fain will arrive at the bore on Cloud.  Bela and Cloud will fight and Bella will donkey kick Cloud into the bore, on top of Fain.  Then Bela and Rand will link, using the flaw in Callandor which allows cross-species links, and will seal the bore with Light and Horsepower.

It's not the poor theorising I object to, it's the belief that jokes about that horse are funny. They're not. They're unimaginative, repetitive, a case of beating a dead mule, and a classic example of overplaying a joke to the point where it just isn't funny any more. Show a little bit of imagination. Put some effort in. Don't just treat us all to the same rubbish we've heard a million times before. Come on, the Last Book is coming. As the end draws near, the opportunities for WoT-based humour will fade. Come up with something special.

Well, this thread is officially derailed.  Ozzie_aiel, I was pointing to chocolatefrogcards' post, but yours got in the way.  Then I didn't read the username on your apology post to confirm I was talking to the right guy.

Anyway, I think it is obvious what will happen.  Rand will hurl Fain into the bore, as a buffer... but where is Bela's Fain?  Cloud.  That's right.  Rand lost Cloud in Shadar Logoth. Cloud is tainted the same as Fain.  Fain will arrive at the bore on Cloud.  Bela and Cloud will fight and Bella will donkey kick Cloud into the bore, on top of Fain.  Then Bela and Rand will link, using the flaw in Callandor which allows cross-species links, and will seal the bore with Light and Horsepower.

I suppose this makes Cloud a horse of a different color? Seriously, all this talk of Bela and horses is just neigh-saying :) <smiles>

Actually, Bela secretly being able to channel could be supported by Mog's comment about turning Nyn into a horse. Mix that with the Isam/Luc thing and how Shadar Haran actually appears to be the Dark One (or at least part), and Bela could be the Dark one. However, I believe that she is actually the Creator.

I just wish she were a donkey, so she could get a sweet nickname:

-Just as Shadar Haran is the Hand of the Dark, if Bela were a donkey, she could be the A$$ of the Light.

Oh sorry. I rarely have time to check or even read the forums, i only post when im really bored or really overtired. :P

Speaking of which, on the Isam/Luc topic, I think Galad is similar. He is really bela, you never see the two of them together at the same time!

Re: Bela and Channeling (specifically the "evidence" that it is possible because Mog threatened to turn Nyn into a horse)

Not to bring some semblance of sense to this thread, but when Rhavin was turning Rand into a wolf/hound/beast of some sort during their battle, Rand's ability to channel was reduced the more beast-like he became, until eventually it would vanish altogether and Rand would be trapped.

Archived