DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

AMoL - How fast are you going to read it?

Jak o' the Shadows

On my own time, it'd probable take me 2-3 days to finish it, since that's about how long it took me to finish ToM the first time. I know my own impatience, so I will be standing in line at the nearest Barnes and Noble that morning rather than waiting for a pre-order to get here in the mail (reading while in the checkout line, of course). Sadly, I believe the 8th is in the first week of the new quarter at my college, so I don't know how much time I'll have for reading things on my own--I'm an English major and they like to pile it on early.

So it's either drown in aMoL and early 19th century novels (as in, entirely withdraw from the world), or do all my required stuff reading and save WoT for the weekends. I think I'll pick the former.

Long time lurker here. I have been reading this series for 20+ years so i know i will devour the book in no time at all when i pick it up on the 8th. i will be at chapters book store waiting for the doors to unlock that morning :rolleyes: . After i power read it the first time i will go back through and give it a more in depth read for sure. I have already warned the wife just to be safe. Like most of us I am sure, I am happy to see what the conclusion will be but sad at the same time that one of the best stories i have ever read is coming to an end.

I'm an Audiobook listener. The audiobook is almost 42 hours long. I can adjust the playback speed if I want to listen to it faster, but increase it too much and the narrators start to sound like Alvin and the chipmunks. Although I have pre-ordered the Audiobook from Audible I think I'm going to wait to listen and enjoy the book in print version first.

One of the reasons that I'm an audiobook listener is because I'm a very slow reader of the printed word (it makes me sleepy). With this book, I really do want to savor the experience and make it last as long as possible. So I'm thinking about stretching things out and only reading a single chapter each day. That won't be hard with my lack of fast reading skills that most of you who have posted seem to have. For me stretching things out this way, its like getting a Christmas present every day, for weeks and weeks. Each day I'll get to wonder what Brandon/Jordan has in store for me. I'm getting excited now, just thinking about it.

I also want to be able to make it to one of Brandon's tourstops. I think I'll try and time it so that I finish the book just before I go see Brandon (and hopefully Harriet). Not sure where that's gonna be since it doesn't look like he's coming to Texas this time.

I'll take my time and savor the delicious volume 1-2 weeks (depending on if I finally get a job or remain unemployed, which I hate, hate, hate, need to make money!) probably, whether I want it or not, because it takes me more time to read in English, ha. And I suppose I'm lucky in that case. Anyway, I always read rather slowly, trying to imagine every scene and kinda hear the characters' proper intonation in my head. And I don't like re-reads as I don't like to get back. I prefer to have one solid read.

a couple of days depending on work. I am sure my boss will be annoyed, anytime I don't have a client I will be in the back reading as much as possible and trying to be quiet. Not sure how well I will succused. I wish I could take the time off but at least I will get to go the the midnight realse party so I will be able to start that night, and come to work with blood shot eyes :)

I have it planned out, I do have free time and I intend to hit bookstore the moment it opens on 8th - did that for last Harry Potter actually. For the next 30h or so I wont move for anything but fetching(/Calling for home delivery) big enough pizza for me to eat whenever I feel hungry and some Pepsi, you can never go wrong with Pepsi. Now I just need a cover story as xmas and new years I`ll be busy with my family and my sort of gf might want some attention all things considered. The 30h+ read + likely 10h+ sleep to recover - It`s safe to say I`ll be 40h+ "underground". Oh the read marathons were so much easier in the past.

I pre-ordered from Amazon to benefit Dragonmount, but I will get up early that morning, drive to the nearest city , and buy it. Then I shall read it quickly and re-read it slowly. And in between I will come back to Dragonmount and read what the fans have to say!!!!It takes me about six hours to read a big book.

Luckily I'll be on break from school when it comes off. As soon as I get back, I plan on taking the 8th and 9th off from work and just immersing myself in the book. I'm coming back to my empty apartment at school, going to be completely alone for when I break down at the end, and just not do ANYTHING for two days. I'll have some munchies to snack on so I don't have to get dinner. I'm planning on starting early so I don't have to sleep. All I will be doing that day is reading the final installment of the greatest story I have ever read.

I'm planning on going to one of the tour stops so I'll probably do another reading two weeks later in a calmer fashion to prepare as well. I always find the second reading to be the best. The first is going to be for the major points: What happens in the Last Battle? Who is Demandred? What is happening going forward? How will Bela help Rand stop her eternal foe? The second one is for the details and minutia.

Archived