DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

AMoL - How fast are you going to read it?

Jak o' the Shadows

Depends a bit on work, but the last few have all been under 24 hours. Then I generally spend a day or so going wtf on the forums before settling in for  second read (even that tends to be done in a few days) so generally I'll have read it twice within a week.

I want to say that I'm going to savor it, but to be honest first time I'll read it - possibly non-stop (done it before), then will reread straight away more slowly.

This is what I'm going to do.

Yep, already put in the time off request for 8th and 9th.  I tend to go through awesome moments way too fast and end up re-reading the same chapter right away a bit slower and kinda skim over boring things needing a re-read later.  Debating if I want to look at the list of chapter names first though.

If I could afford the time off I would read straight through. I suspect, despite my best intentions, that I will stay up far, far longer than I should reading it. As much as I love all y'all, I will forego forums in favor of finishing the book that much sooner. My enthusiasm doesn't really affect how fast I read, so it will still take me a few days.

I also have requested the 8th and 9th off of work.

I plan to read it straight through with as few breaks as possible. I'll probably reread awesome bits as I go, then do a full reread after I finish it once through. Forums and reading spoiler reviews/comments will fill in whatever time I have leftover. =D

I will be sitting down with my new dragon pipe and a good ole bag of Two Rivers Long Leaf and ill be telling the kids and the wife to leave me along for at least 6 hours.(the time it usually takes for me to read a 1000 page book lol ) , and then ill go through it much more slowly. But if it is anything like the last 2 books ill have it read at least 3 times in under a week i bet. One perk of being a stay at home dad.

I plan on reading it during every free moment I have. I had preordered it on Amazon, for same day delivery -- but I'm so excited/impatient, that I may cancel the pre-order and walk up to the Barnes and Noble near my office as soon as it opens and get it - so that I can start reading on the walk back to the office! :-)

I've been reading this series for 15 years.... some of you I'm sure it's been longer. I just *can't* believe it's going to be over..... I'm eternally grateful to RJ and Harriet for allowing the story to be completed. I suspect, however, that once the need to know "how it ends" has gone... I'll be sitting and wondering, "how different would it have been if RJ had been around?" ((NOTE -- this is not an invitation to bash Brandon, just musing on what "filler" would have been different.)) Guess we'll never know... But DAMN these next few weeks (since I finished my re-read last week) are going to be UNBEARABLE! These forums are satisfying my need for a WOT fix.... but only barely!

Can't want to see what you all think of it, once the story has been told.

Archived