DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

BlueCon 2012 - Snape vs. Verin (Spoilers from both series)

Leala Sedai

I'm on my phone, so no bolding. :P

Day 4:

Let's talk motivations. Do you consider either of their motivations to be purer than the other's? Did you think of either of them as being less trustworthy when you found out about their plans?

Day 5:

Simple question. Did you ever see it coming for either if them?

4.  Honestly, I think Snape's motivations were a bit purer than Verin's.  I truly believe that he really did love Lily, and that he had to keep Harry at arm's length so that neither of them got hurt.  (And, yes, this is with me still not liking him.  lol) 

I believe Verin had good intentions, too, but even until the very end, I couldn't quite grasp what her true, honest intentions were.  Was she really trying to simply study and observe like she said?  Did she initially have a more honest intention?  I dunno.  But it's fun to speculate.

5.  I saw it coming with Snape.  When it was revealed that he was a Deatheater, I knew that we hadn't seen the last of his story.  There was always something hidden in him that we never knew about.  I wasn't exactly sure what it was I saw coming, but I saw something.  xD

With Verin, I started seeing it when in the text, it would be something like, "She had a glazed look in her eye as he observed her surroundings, but it seemed like an act."  And that was in Perrin's point of view.  She didn't seem to be very good at acting.  lol  I admit that I was spoiled a bit on Verin's second Ajah, but I thought she was a Black and that was that.  It wasn't until the big reveal that I found out everything.

Day 6:

Which would you rather have on your side?

6.  Verin.  I might end up hating Snape even more.  Maybe not killing him, but wishing death on him very strongly.  :/

Day 7:

Last question.  All in all, do you think their sacrifices were worth it?

7.  I honestly think they were.  Because of Snape, Harry and his crew had a big advantage over Voldemort, depending on what Dumbledore let trickle down to them.  Draco didn't have to kill Dumbledore.  He served as a buffer.  I think the story would have gotten a lot darker a lot sooner if Snape hadn't done what he did.  (I still hate him, though.)

I believe Verin's sacrifice was worth it, too.  The purge of the Black Ajah wasn't 100% complete, but I wasn't expecting it to be.  And I was kind of stunned that Egwene was surprised when it wasn't.  -.-  But because of Verin's list, a great amount of the Black Ajah faced justice, and with Egwene's new re-swearing of the First Oath, even more were taken out.  The Tower isn't out of the woods yet, but it's a whole lot closer than it was before.

Day 6:

Which would you rather have on your side?

This would depend on a lot of things. If I had to make a decision it would be Snape. 

Day 7:

Last question.  All in all, do you think their sacrifices were worth it?

Absolutely. They both made sacrifices to save the world. 

• Elgee locked this topic

Archived