DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Rowling reveals the title of HP7

Ludmian

Just thought a lot of people here would like to know this. JK Rowling has revealed the title of the last Harry Potter novel at her official site. Go to the room of requirement, open the door and play the game. If you can't open the door, I think all fan sites already have the solution.

http://www.jkrowling.com

Hmmmm, is she really sure she's chosen the best title of the three she had? :?

It's certainly obscure to say the least!

I was sort of hoping for a title like "Harry Potter and the Death of Lord Voldemort(in which we find out that everyone that was dead is now alive and in which Hermione and Ron finally get it on) But alas, my hopes remained unfulfilled ;)

I mean honestly, who's going to call any place Deathly Hallows? Even if it happens to be a forest that eats everyone who enters they'd be hundred names people would pick before choosing something as pathetic as "Deathly". I don't care if they're weirdos who have magical power or not.

PS: Harry's meant to be going to Godric's (aka Godric Griffindor) Hollow straight after his birthday. You can pretty safely say that there will be a link.

I posted this on the WT thread as well, so sorry for anyone reading both. I posted the literal definitions there of "hallows," since there is much speculation on such... But now there's new news. They're currently working out the Dutch title. They aren't doing an exact literal translation of "deathly hallows." They've come up with a working title, which translates to "Deadly Shrine," "Deadly Sanctuary" or "Deadly Saints."

Just thought I'd throw that out there, since it gives a better hint of what's going on!

Guest Winespring Brother

That does make a bit of sense. I think perhaps that we will see the Harry visiting the burial place of the Hogwarts founders.

Out of interest, it appears that a lot of the "Working" titles for the translations of the Books are going with the "Deathly Saints" theme.

Here is an article.

http://www.mugglenet.com/app/news/show/556

I think with the theme of a Horcrux for each one, that these could be the Hogwarts founders, though as yet I am still rather confused by the title.

I kinda like the title.

Its the darkest one so far, and remember that this IS a childrens book too! It could have something to do with the Horcruxes (sp?) or Godrics Hollow, but it could be something completely different. JK might just be trying to confuse us. Everybody thought Harry or Neville was the HB Prince, but it obvioulsy wasnt, and not what anyone expected me thinks!

Archived