DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

AMOL christmas wish review

mwayneknight

So, im just a normal person that wishes we could read the book now...

This is what I wish for, i want Luckers, Herid, Barid Bel Medar, Suttree, and Mik to read the book and tell us what they think ASAP...

Not to give anything away, just to hear if they liked it or not...

That is my christmas wish...

(these are the people i like reading posts from the most)

Try looking up Leigh Butlers stuff on teh Tor website.  She's just finished a very long re-read, and is promising a non-spoiler review (headdesks and all) for next week (or possibly teh week after, she's managed to not read it yet)

Try looking up Leigh Butlers stuff on teh Tor website.  She's just finished a very long re-read, and is promising a non-spoiler review (headdesks and all) for next week (or possibly teh week after, she's managed to not read it yet)

Leigh Butler's spoiler-free review of ToM was awesome.  I liked her list of 16 'reactions' that had me guessing what she was reacting to (I was of course wrong about most of them).  

@mwayneknight Did you read Jason's review? There is also a very nice audio interview with him which is even more interesting than that review IMO. The upcoming review by Leigh Butler that BFG mentioned is another good option.

There is absolutely no way I will see an advanced copy of AMOL, however. I have nothing to do with Tor, BS, team Jordan or any other people involved in the publishing process. I suspect the same goes for Barid, Suttree and Mik. Luckers was the only one on your list with a chance but since he said he won't get it either I'm afraid that particular Christams wish will go unfulfilled :).

@mwayneknight Did you read Jason's review? There is also a very nice audio interview with him which is even more interesting than that review IMO. The upcoming review by Leigh Butler that BFG mentioned is another good option.

There is absolutely no way I will see an advanced copy of AMOL, however. I have nothing to do with Tor, BS, team Jordan or any other people involved in the publishing process. I suspect the same goes for Barid, Suttree and Mik. Luckers was the only one on your list with a chance but since he said he won't get it either I'm afraid that particular Christams wish will go unfulfilled :).

If by advance copy you mean the one I get from the indie bookstore here in SF that puts things out a week or so before the release date...then yes I will be getting one. :wink:

If by advance copy you mean the one I get from the indie bookstore here in SF that puts things out a week or so before the release date...then yes I will be getting one. :wink:

Ooooo...you really need to do such a review at that point.  I wish we had such a place around here.

I was not really into Leigh Butlers early TOM review, or the re-reads for that matter.  I tried, but the way she writes makes me insane, like reading a thousand of my teenage sister-in-law's text messages.

lol, +1 with batcaver, please do write a review then. Lots of indie bookstores in Toronto but I've never had such luck here. In my experience they actually usually get new releases much later than the big store chains like Chapters. Perhaps I just don't know where to look...

lol, +1 with batcaver, please do write a review then. Lots of indie bookstores in Toronto but I've never had such luck here. In my experience they actually usually get new releases much later than the big store chains like Chapters. Perhaps I just don't know where to look...

The place rules...highly recommend to anyone who lives in my area...

http://www.darkcarnival.com/

Probably won't rule after TOR refuses to send them any more books because they break the rules and get banished from the industry as a whole lol

I think you could have posted that link like 5 or 6 months from now about how much you love it and not connect to a quote that says they sell books early lol

Probably won't rule after TOR refuses to send them any more books because they break the rules and get banished from the industry as a whole lol

I think you could have posted that link like 5 or 6 months from now about how much you love it and not connect to a quote that says they sell books early lol

:rolleyes: Those villainous rule breakers!!!! *shakes fist*

Easy there with that Coplin talk. The place is legendary, it has been there forever operating the same way and it certainly isn't getting shut down or "banished" from the industry...chuckle. The owner has been a champion of both indie bookstores and the fantay/scifi genres in addition to being tight with many of the authors. You would seriously have to be the biggest kook ever to raise a fuss over him not always paying attention to release dates. in addition I have worked along side the publishing industry quite a bit in my career and I assure you it would have to be extraordinary circumstances for them to ever take a stance like that against a bookseller, let alone one that has raised the bar in genre such as this one. That quite simply isn't how it works.

As an aside I have posted the link at release time for many years trying to turn people on to this gem(no snitches here at DM, so have no fear about the dragon fang being on put their door). Thanks for the concern though. Lol

WIll be in the bay area for the next month or so, cheers for the link :)

Definitely will try to snag one early as well!

Sweet, good man stillwill! Always like to turn people on to it. These types of indie stores need our support in this day and age. Trust me, you will love this place all around, it's like stepping back into another time and almost has a dreamlike quality. Cats cruising around, overstocked shelves with odd twists and turns in the space, odd knick knacks etc...

Sweet, good man stillwill! Always like to turn people on to it. These types of indie stores need our support in this day and age. Trust me, you will love this place all around, it's like stepping back into another time and almost has a dreamlike quality. Cats cruising around, overstocked shelves with odd twists and turns in the space, odd knick knacks etc...

Damn. I wish I wasn't in the middle of nowhere midwest. Do these guys do deliveries, by any chance?

Damn. I wish I wasn't in the middle of nowhere midwest. Do these guys do deliveries, by any chance?

Sorry Fionwe, pretty sure that's a no go.

It likely isn't bookstore policy, but an employee with the hook-up.  Ah, the one reason I miss working in the warehouse of the store that I did.  I had the key to the security cages and remember well when KOD came out.  Bright orange stickers saying not to shelve before xx/xx/xx.  Unfortunately I didn't want to cheat.

<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote'data-author="Suttree" data-cid="2693374" data-time="1354853542"><p>

<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote'data-author="herid" data-cid="2693364" data-time="1354853076"><p><br />

<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote'data-author="Suttree" data-cid="2692377" data-time="1354814586"><p><br />

<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote'data-author="herid" data-cid="2692336" data-time="1354812167"><p><br />

@mwayneknight Did you read <a href='http://www.tor.com/blogs/2012/09/qdear-robert-jordanq-a-response-to-a-memory-of-light'>Jason's review</a>? There is also a<a href='http://www.adventuresinscifipublishing.com/2012/12/aisfp-180-jason-denzel/'> very nice audio interview with him</a> which is even more interesting than that review IMO. The upcoming review by Leigh Butler that BFG mentioned is another good option.<br />

There is absolutely no way I will see an advanced copy of AMOL, however. I have nothing to do with Tor, BS, team Jordan or any other people involved in the publishing process. I suspect the same goes for Barid, Suttree and Mik. Luckers was the only one on your list with a chance but since he said he won't get it either I'm afraid that particular Christams wish will go unfulfilled :).</p></blockquote>

If by advance copy you mean the one I get from the indie bookstore here in SF that puts things out a week or so before the release date...then yes I will be getting one. :wink:<br />

</p></blockquote>

lol, +1 with batcaver, please do write a review then. Lots of indie bookstores in Toronto but I've never had such luck here. In my experience they actually usually get new releases much later than the big store chains like Chapters. Perhaps I just don't know where to look...<br />

</p></blockquote>

The place rules...highly recommend to anyone who lives in my area...<br />

<br />

<a href='http://www.darkcarnival.com/'>http://www.darkcarnival.com/</a></p></blockquote>

Going to be in the area towards the end of December. How early in the past have you received one?

Archived