DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Things I'd like to see in Memory of Light but might not happen

Bobwheel

I was thinking of starting this topic. There is still so much going on I doubt everything will be resolved in this final book. 

Having said that here are somethings I would like to see happen in the final book but I'm not sure we'll see it.

Setalle Anan become an Aes Sedai again.

Egwene meeting Fortuona

Fortuona channeling, particularly to bond Mat or save him

Lan learning Moirane is alive

White tower Black tower join together

Birgitte finding Gaidal

Elayne to replicate Mats Medallion correctly

Shara being shown, explained, or otherwise the people appear to help with the last battle

Galad to find out Rand is his Half brother

the Seanchan Ogier to meet Loial and his Ogier

Siuan, Leane, and Moirane to be restored to their full power

Fortuona to meet Artur Hawkwing

Lan facing Isam

That's it for now.  There is a lot more but I think that is a good start.

Seanchan driven into the ocean

What really happens to the Aeil

Otherwise, I quite like your list. I don't think we will see Siuan and Leane fixed up because they would have to be severed again and that seems cruel, and there is also no guarantee then that Finn's cure wouldn't just put them back to where Nyn got them to. 

Oh, add to my list, someone figuring out that women can fix men and vice versa because I am not sure, despite all the time Nynaeve and Rand have spent together that such a fact has been recognized by the characters, but I could be wrong.

I agree with a lot of your list.  Since we're listing things we'd like to see happen, but probably won't.......

Egwene dying a pointless, meaningless death.  (Much like her character).

Elayne doing something useful aside from tantrums, politics, and putting herself into dangerous situations for no reason.

Faile can die too, though I don't care to see Perrin mope around if she does.

Wolves and Darkhounds colliding.  (This would be cool, but it wll probably be mentioned in passing). 

Lan talking with Moiraine again.

The Great Captains, besides Ituralde, showing us why they are Great Captains. 

I agree with a lot of your list.  Since we're listing things we'd like to see happen, but probably won't.......

Elayne doing something useful aside from tantrums, politics, and putting herself into dangerous situations for no reason.

Wolves and Darkhounds colliding.  (This would be cool, but it wll probably be mentioned in passing). 

Do you not count Bashere coming up with that plan and spanking the Seanchan until Rand botched it all with his growing megalomania as a point for his status? We have seen him be very innovative on a number of levels.

Regarding Setalle Anan, I doubt she can even be healed. That's going by her reaction to the a'dam bracelet, unless I'm remembering wrong.

You remember right and are almost certainly correct about her not being able to be healed. There is a big difference between burning out and stilling. The connection is not just cut but totally gone. You can no longer sense the source and her reaction with the a'dam is close to concrete evidence when looking at the issue.

An excellent list! 

I'll add in Fortouna having an a'dam snapped onto her neck by Avi in front of the Seanchan nobility. This occurring after she finds out the Seanchan Empress can channel and see's it as the way to make the Seanchan agree to release all the damane who want to be released immediately and agree not to take anymore ever. Dire future vision averted.

On the Great Captains I agree with Suttree that Bashere has proven himself 'on screen' in APOD. The Great Captain that has always seemed out of place to me is Gareth Bryne. Agelmar and Niall were commanders in the Aiel war and also along the Blight and in the Whitecloak war respectively. Titles earned through large battles there. Bryne wasn't Andoran commander in the Aiel war, so where'd he earn his stripes? The last succession wasn't the battles that Elayne's was. And with Tigraine's marriage to Taringail the Cairhein were at peace before he would have commanded forces against them. And Murandy was such a patch work of unconnected lordlings, a country in name only, they hardly were raising armies to invade Andor. Hopefully in AMOL he can justify his title fighting the Seanchan or the Shadow, as IMO, we haven't seen or heard of anything to indicate he deserves it so far.

Ooooo. I would be frustrated if the Seanchan thing is not resolved - I think we'll either see Tuon channel, or see all channeling blocked on a semi-permanent basis (i.e. many thousands of years, ages into the future) which would also solve the problem. To me, the damane are among the top issues that need resolution before the end.

Moiraine meeting Lan seems to be likely. I hope we do not visit Shara - the mystery is better left to imagination (like that door in LOTR). 

Will we see the Dark One?

Will someone create an angreal?

Will a key character face real danger?

Will there be an epilogue/appendix like LOTR - I have read the appendix on that one nearly as many times as the books themselves.

I enjoyed reading everyone's responses on what they would like to see but probably wont in AMOL.

I would like to add.

Cadsuane being released from the 3 oaths to get young again

Cadsuane figuring out a way to escape an A'dam (since we know she's been trying) or any Aes Sedai would do.

Perrin and Egwene/Wise Ones meeting in Tel'aran'rhiod (I think it would be a fun scene between them)

I'd like to see that Perrin's hammer works like the foxhead medallion and can protect Perrin from someone channeling at him. ( I have a feeling it can because it burns shadowspawn like Mats foxhead did with the Gholam)

Tuatha'an discovering they where Aiel and discovering the song (probably requires Loial)

Nynaeve figuring out how to undo being 13x13'd

From what I've seen of everyones replies I agree with:

I hope someone figures out how to make an Angreal and or Sa'angreal

Fortuona getting an A'dam snapped on her neck would be interesting ( but we've already seen that she accepts that Sul'dam can learn to channel, so I don't think that will change her opinion )

Damane solution ( would be nice but I can't see how )

I would love to see the future somehow after Aviendha changes it but I doubt we'll see what happens to the Aiel.

I do not think there will be a solution to the Damane for the simple reason that the Damane that have been released needed psychological counseling before you could trust them and even if Fortuona decided to release them all you couldn't just release them all. 

I think the Wolves vs the Shadowbrothers is a given, but I could be wrong.

I like the ideas of someone putting an a'dam on Tuon in front of the Seanchan court.  That would be awesome to see and would go a very long way to resolving the damane issue.  I wish I had put that on my list above!

We have no idea whether she can even be held by the a'dam...

I like the ideas of someone putting an a'dam on Tuon in front of the Seanchan court.  That would be awesome to see and would go a very long way to resolving the damane issue.  I wish I had put that on my list above!

Sure we do. We've seen multiple examples of Sul'dam being held by an a'dam so obviously as a Sul'dam herself she can be held by a leash. Unless you are suggesting that the Seanchan Empresses know of a flaw in the a'dam that has been passed on generation to generation?

Sure we do. We've seen multiple examples of Sul'dam being held by an a'dam so obviously as a Sul'dam herself she can be held by a leash. Unless you are suggesting that the Seanchan Empresses know of a flaw in the a'dam that has been passed on generation to generation?

No we don't. I'm not suggesting the empress knows of a flaw but we know for fact that not all sul'dam can be held. They need to have worked with a'dam for a very long time per RJ and have to be "on the brink" of stepping over the edge to actually channeling themselves. As Tuon only trains damane as a hobby, is not a fulltime sul'dam, combined with her young age it is likely she can not be held.

Interview: Sep 2nd, 2005

DragonCon Report - Isabel (Paraphrased)

Isabel

Then I couldn't hear any other questions and I went back in line. I could only ask him one question. It's a discussion we had on Theoryland a while ago. Can the a'dam hold every sul'dam?

(He managed to get my question after a few times repeating it. I'll leave that out). Frenzy, you were right. (I hope I remember your stand on this issue correctly.)

Robert Jordan

The a'dam can only hold sul'dam who have been sul'dam for a long time and so wearing the bracelet for a long time. Four months for example isn't enough. He said the circle helped them get to the point that's described in the book, as being on the brink of being able to channel, one foot stepped over or something. (Quotemasters, please find that quote for me.)

Guest johnbonsy

I'd like to see Perrin find out that it was Fain and not the trollocs that killed his family...  I believe that Bornhald has this information?

I'd like to see Perrin find out that it was Fain and not the trollocs that killed his family...  I believe that Bornhald has this information?

After having just finished The Shadow Rising, this thought came to my mind as well for this thread.

But it's looking more and more likely that we will see this scene. As you say, Bornhald has the information and he has already seemingly lightened his opinion of Perrin(in a rather ham fisted way, unfortunately) so it's no problem seeing how Perrin will get the info. Fain is lazer focused on Rand, and it's always looked like an encounter between them. But it also makes a lot of sense that Rand is going to SG, Fain is going to SG. Rand will be preoccupied at SG. Perrin still needs to "be there" one more time for Rand. It would fit perfectly, if Perrin needs to be there to hammer Fain in his big nosed face to save Rand from a back stabbing at SG, and for his family.

I am really surprised Perrin never thought about this after he realised that Fain was in the Two Rivers. After finding out he probably should have asked for some details about his family's death because one hint of bloated and discoloured would have tipped him off. I don't see Bornhald offering up this info unless Perrin and Fain meet up and Bornhald is present. It's unlikely, but we'll see.

I was thinking of starting this topic. There is still so much going on I doubt everything will be resolved in this final book. 

Having said that here are somethings I would like to see happen in the final book but I'm not sure we'll see it.

Setalle Anan become an Aes Sedai again.

Egwene meeting Fortuona

Fortuona channeling, particularly to bond Mat or save him

Lan learning Moirane is alive

White tower Black tower join together

Birgitte finding Gaidal

Elayne to replicate Mats Medallion correctly

Shara being shown, explained, or otherwise the people appear to help with the last battle

Galad to find out Rand is his Half brother

the Seanchan Ogier to meet Loial and his Ogier

Siuan, Leane, and Moirane to be restored to their full power

Fortuona to meet Artur Hawkwing

Lan facing Isam

That's it for now.  There is a lot more but I think that is a good start.

Great list.  I would add

Epic Logan maybe with the help of Cadsuane turning around / cleaning out the Black Tower.

Loial leading the Ogre in battle with a battle axe in one hand and a book in the other!

Moriane and Siuan not just restored, but kicking butt

The Green Ajah actually learning how to fight - eating humble pie and learing from Alvia

Alvia killing Rand - only for him to rise again in three days

Epic Mat leading the mobile calvary and the Dragon cannons in the final battle.

Perrin both leading armies and killing slayer and someone traping and freeing the Darkhounds from servitude to the dark one.

Rand/Perrin/Mat/Lan and wearing heartstone armour and copies of Mat's fox madalion

Mat and Perrin becoming Warders but with free will maybe with a multiple woman bond?  There going to need the edge - maybe as they can't channel becoming Warders of both male / Rand and Aes Sedai which actualy we find out has double the power!

Archived