DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

When Rand and Mat and Perrin are finally together again...shouldn't there literally be like an EARTHQUAKE or something??!!!

The Fisher King

It sounds funny but I'm being dead serious. Based on previous evidence in the text of actual, real, physical effects on things and places caused by the Ta'veren nature of each of The Big Three's very presence (especially, of course, TDR)...if they get all together again, geographically-speaking...shouldn't something massive and catasclysmic HAVE to be a "side effect"?

It'd be hilarious if the Big3 couldn't get within like 2 miles of each other or floods and typhoons would spring up everywhere! Ludicrous-sounding...BUT...there is a case to be made for the semi-validity of such a possibility. I wonder if Jordan or TeamJ ever thought od this...planned for it...or realized it could happen.

Fish

Actually I'm going to reason the opposite...

I believe that when they all get together again the chances of somthing not happening will be 1 in 10^6 hence that's what will happen :) 

Actually I'm going to reason the opposite...

I believe that when they all get together again the chances of somthing not happening will be 1 in 10^6 hence that's what will happen :) 

'Cos million-to-one chances crop up nine times out of ten, right!!  :wink:

Just wait until Mat joins them.. THEN there will be a quake!

You folks are something else, lol. But I'm actually serious. According to series established continuity. Rand, Perrin and Mat technically CAN'T get too close to each other without disasters happening ...Tidal waves, earthquakes etc.

Something tells me I speak for everyone when I say its obvious they've definitely written themselves into a corner on this one, lol.

Fish

You folks are something else, lol. But I'm actually serious. According to series established continuity. Rand, Perrin and Mat technically CAN'T get too close to each other without disasters happening ...Tidal waves, earthquakes etc.

Fish

Nothing like that happened when Mat met Perrin in ToM44 (with a bagged badger). And the world isn't shaking itself to pieces at the FoM, either.

But so far the three of them haven't met.

So Rand's strongest with a 1 in 106 probabilities happening, Mat and Perrin are slightly weaker 1 in 105 so all three together 1 in 1016(?)

Something extremely unlikely has to happen...

They all sit down and talk, explain things to each other even?  The girls acknowledge that boys aren't stupid and they don't have to throw rocks (or horse-dung) at them?  Maybe the last needs a 4th taveran in the mix?

(Sorry Fish, I'll try to be serious)

Maybe when as soon as the the three get together Lady Gaga pops up in the background singing Earthquake, or Neil Young singing Like a Hurricane. Better yet, Thom doing a cover from a previous era.

But seriously there does not have to be an earthquake or any other devastating effects. The impossible is already happening. Rand's three ladies are together in the same spot and none of them are trying to kill the others. Rand should start his own cult:)

Archived